Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI pulled support for iOS?

Reaction score
So, you can no longer download the iOS version of the Pilot app and if you look at the specs of the Inspire on DJI's website, it now only lists Android as supported. All references to iPad, iPhone and iOS have gone.
If this is truely the case, DJI are going to have an awful lot of returned Inspires and very, very pissed off customers. Me included.

Look here and scroll to the bottom: http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/spec

Reactions: diverreb
great I just through away 600.00 on an ipad air!!
do you think apple wouldn't approve there program?

According to another post on this forum, DJI's use of lightning to carry HD video into an IOS device is not officially approved by Apple and DJI doing this are in breach of their enterprise agreement.

If this is truly the end of IOS and not just a little bump in the road between DJI and Apple their are going to be a lot of angry people out there.....including me. Last week I purchased (2) new iPads and was going to order next week the Inspire with dual transmitter.

Reactions: igi
So, you can no longer download the iOS version of the Pilot app and if you look at the specs of the Inspire on DJI's website, it now only lists Android as supported. All references to iPad, iPhone and iOS have gone.
If this is truely the case, DJI are going to have an awful lot of returned Inspires and very, very pissed off customers. Me included.

Look here and scroll to the bottom: http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/spec

Calm down little boys, relax !! there will be no support for the iPad, is not the world doom for it. Inspire1 is fantastic. The apple is difficult. The problems lie in the video transmission via usb, like apple does not like. It will work out sooner or later.

Calm down little boys, relax !! there will be no support for the iPad, is not the world doom for it. Inspire1 is fantastic. The apple is difficult. The problems lie in the video transmission via usb, like apple does not like. It will work out sooner or later.

I don't know about you but I just spent almost a grand on two iPads..............DJI better figure out a fix for this. And a fix is not telling me to sell my iPads

[Quote = "FASTFJR, post: 4649, medlem: 3047"] Jeg vet ikke om deg, men jeg bare brukte nesten en grand på to iPads .............. DJI bedre figur ut en løsning på dette. Og en fix ikke er å fortelle meg å selge mine iPads [/ quote]

Ipad is nice to have. Replace them into att

I just had a chat with DJI online, they said it would be back up next week. That sucks too cause my inspire gets delivered today.:):(.... Oh well what can you do. I don't have the prop locks anyway.

Last edited:
I don't know about you but I just spent almost a grand on two iPads..............DJI better figure out a fix for this. And a fix is not telling me to sell my iPads

So take them back to the dealer and return them to get your money back until this is sorted out. Don't most stores have a return policy?

I agree here. I think the chapter isn't written with only one page. Shouldn't we wait and see a bit? I doubt DJI is going to give up that easily on Apple products for the Inspire. I, too, bought an iPad Air, just for the aircraft. I'm gonna hope it will all work out...

Are we still going to be able to use it if we already have it installed or will it just not allow you access?

Are we still going to be able to use it if we already have it installed or will it just not allow you access?

It still works. However, there will be no ability for now to re-install the app if for some reason it crashes since DJI have removed the ability to download v0.9.2, probably at Apple's insistence. Unless you do a future iOS update, there is no way that I know of that Apple can "Kill Switch" the app except during that Apple iOS firmware update.

Well, I guess if they don't continue with iOS and they make a mandatory firmware update that also requires an update of the Pilot app then we're stuffed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa