Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Repair Technicians Suck

Reaction score
I sent my basically New Inspire 2 in for a faulty battery release button getting stuck. I received my Inspire 2 today and I was extremely excited because I was going out of town and I was going to take it with me when I opened the box I went over the repairs and found this ! The battery tray had scratches the SSD slot is missing the cover the Serial number sticker is missing as well they also didn't assemble the battery tray correct looks like a kid assembled the aircraft together and I noticed that the left rear motor hosing is scratched and cracked idk why DJI would let this slide !! I paid $3000 for the aircraft and they treat it like a Toy !

What do you guys think ???

Has any one had the same poor quality repairs ??
564394645a008b085b23559801d3fd6e.jpg
f064f004dfefb85cdce92ee33c5b8f4e.jpg
544424d1ab45890bb65f1731424ea309.jpg
fbf2906818386da80b47dd6937faec2e.jpg

Then take it up with them directly.
Your grievance is with DJI and should be communicated with them for a resolution.

I already contacted them they want me to send it in again. I just don't understand why they don't treat them with care. Another 3 weeks of waiting.

I recently received an I2 back from DJI repair in CA and it was missing the power terminal covers (I had to go back and forth with them for about 6 emails just to clarify what they where), the USB cover, and the cap for the camera gimbal. They are supposed to be sending replacements but why there isn't a little QC on the repair end is puzzling because their web based tracking system at one point states the repair is being tested so why wouldn't they make sure it was all back together and in good shape at that point. They really should sell small parts like the port covers (I would have just purchased them rather than deal with the service center any longer) because they come on and off a lot and can be easily lost. I just thought I would be the one to lose them and not DJI.

I recently received an I2 back from DJI repair in CA and it was missing the power terminal covers (I had to go back and forth with them for about 6 emails just to clarify what they where), the USB cover, and the cap for the camera gimbal. They are supposed to be sending replacements but why there isn't a little QC on the repair end is puzzling because their web based tracking system at one point states the repair is being tested so why wouldn't they make sure it was all back together and in good shape at that point. They really should sell small parts like the port covers (I would have just purchased them rather than deal with the service center any longer) because they come on and off a lot and can be easily lost. I just thought I would be the one to lose them and not DJI.

Did they ever replace them ?

I just received a package from them minutes ago and of course it contains the wrong parts. They sent the lens back cap and a camera lens port cap not the gimbal or power terminal caps. Hey DJI a parts list with parts #s can be a very good thing.

Looks like a monkey pried into it. "Belongs to someone else and not mine so who cares?" :p <-- tech think.

I'm not having a lot of luck with Olympus repair either. I'm into my fourth estimate quote so far for a simple lens version update. I didn't know they can automatically change a credit card amount once it is pending, but they can. I honestly don't know when I'll ever see the lens again either. A 48 hours amounts to one week in Olympus time for call-backs so I have to wait another week for an update on the latest estimate and resubmit for repair. Aside, their quote for sand or water damage to a lens is $40 short of a brand new lens too (Not mine, just their flat-rate is everywhere policy.). I should have found their Yelp! reviews first had I known Olympus farms out repairs, and then considered finding someone else with an Olympus camera body to do the lens version update, or loaded a SD card and taken it to a camera store's demo and loaded the lens version there. Service is awful nowadays and seems even a $3,000 item is a throw-away when broken now.

I just received a package from them minutes ago and of course it contains the wrong parts. They sent the lens back cap and a camera lens port cap not the gimbal or power terminal caps. Hey DJI a parts list with parts #s can be a very good thing.

It's unreal...

I have no problems with the repairs they did for me. Everything is in good working order and the price was fair but if I'm shelling out 5K for a drone and all the pieces don't make it back it gets a little annoying. Is DJI going to cover any damage occurred to the gimbal or battery connectors because they no longer have there protective covers? I'm assuming DJI wants its users to keep those protective caps on when not in use or why would they bother with including them in the first place.

I have no problems with the repairs they did for me. Everything is in good working order and the price was fair but if I'm shelling out 5K for a drone and all the pieces don't make it back it gets a little annoying. Is DJI going to cover any damage occurred to the gimbal or battery connectors because they no longer have there protective covers? I'm assuming DJI wants its users to keep those protective caps on when not in use or why would they bother with including them in the first place.

I agree..!

Question is, what can we do about this? I have no idea but there are tons of stories of people not getting their gear back for weeks or even months and getting it back still not repaired or even worse. It's a factory. They don't care. They have no competition. I have my own frustrating story dealing with them.

On the potential upside, I recently sent in my Mavic for repair (with much hesitation). Compared to a few months ago when I sent in a defective i2 radio they have been totally on top of things with communication about receiving the gear, checking it in, repairing it, and testing it before sending back. It hasn't yet shipped back to me so the jury is still out but it is a complete 180 from previously and it's the kind of service I expect.

All I can say is keep complaining and complain loudly! Squeaky wheels get the grease.

I bought my first ever drone in February (P4P) and quickly fell for the hobby. A Mavic followed in March and in soon after I bought the I2. After only 5 weeks my P4P started having internal GPS issues. I had to deal with DJI Tech Support and I can tell you that was a joke!! The people on the other end of the chat and emails are a sorry excuse for customer support. It took 6 weeks and I got a new P4P ad so far no issues. I can only hope I never have issues with the I2 or the X5S. Seeing all these issues with repair and support and the tons of issues with software upgrades I am wondering if I picked the wrong hobby to get so deep into..... Lets hope DJI gets their collective heads out of their butts soon!!

Don't confuse one company's customer service with the worth of a hobby. The hobby is fantastic. DJI's customer service (just one drone company, albeit one of the best, out of several) is one of the worst. That being said, see my comment above. I just got notice that my drone is being delivered back to me from repairs tomorrow. That will be 1-1/2 weeks which I find very reasonable. Let's just hope they actually fixed it.

Love DJI Care. Works perfectly...BUT... they returned my I2. Without the gimbal cap (airframe socket filler) 35 days later, 4 sets of images of cap, socket, approval, apologies, shipping coming, I just got another request for a photo. Hey Advexure... Can I just buy one from you guys?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret