Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI X5S & Panasonic GH5 - Same Sensor?

Reaction score
Website
www.skyluxmedia.com
Greetings!

We've been using the DJI X5S alongside our GH5 for a lot of our recent productions, and I can't help but wonder if DJI purchased their sensors from Panasonic. The specs seem to match up rather closely, and I can't help but notice that the picture is amazing close. In post production, we're using the same "Arri Alexa" LUTs for both cameras, and we usually have a dead-on match, which has been conveniently time-saving.

I can't seem to find much information online except for this insightful article from Medium: Is DJI’s new X5S using the GH5’s sensor? – two [EPIC] bits – Medium

Anyone have any further insights about these two sensors? Maybe someone who's seen the insides of both?

For comparison, here's a video we just finished using strictly the X5S, and the GH5 (except for 2 clips in the stable which required a mavic pro, because of limited space). You will notice how nicely the two cameras cut in and out of each other.

Greetings!

We've been using the DJI X5S alongside our GH5 for a lot of our recent productions, and I can't help but wonder if DJI purchased their sensors from Panasonic. The specs seem to match up rather closely, and I can't help but notice that the picture is amazing close. In post production, we're using the same "Arri Alexa" LUTs for both cameras, and we usually have a dead-on match, which has been conveniently time-saving.

I can't seem to find much information online except for this insightful article from Medium: Is DJI’s new X5S using the GH5’s sensor? – two [EPIC] bits – Medium

Anyone have any further insights about these two sensors? Maybe someone who's seen the insides of both?

For comparison, here's a video we just finished using strictly the X5S, and the GH5 (except for 2 clips in the stable which required a mavic pro, because of limited space). You will notice how nicely the two cameras cut in and out of each other.

Nice Video ! are those Argentinean people? (mate)
i would like to share some similar videos we shoot ...

Reactions: Skylux Media
Interesting.

We own a GH4 GH5 , an X5 and an X5s. I've barely tested the X5s but the GH4 was somewhat ahead of the X5 in terms of picture quality.

Maybe that's down to the 60mbs. Who knows, but wouldn't have thought they'd use panny's flagship sensor due to cost and availability.

Pure speculation from me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669