Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DNG file is 'read only'

Reaction score
Hi all

Took some stills in DNG for the first time a couple of days back and last night my son tried to open them on his Mac to work on them. Unfortunately though each file came up with a 'Cannot open - this file is read only' error message. I believe he tried a couple of programs with the same result. Some video footage from the same I2-X4S combo worked fine.

I don't recall seeing any setting within the Go4 app related to this - am I missing something here? How do I change this particular setting to enable the DNG files to be opened so they can be worked upon? And is it possible to reverse this existing 'read only' setting on the affected files so they can be accessed?

Thanks, Bob.

Hi all

Took some stills in DNG for the first time a couple of days back and last night my son tried to open them on his Mac to work on them. Unfortunately though each file came up with a 'Cannot open - this file is read only' error message. I believe he tried a couple of programs with the same result. Some video footage from the same I2-X4S combo worked fine.

I don't recall seeing any setting within the Go4 app related to this - am I missing something here? How do I change this particular setting to enable the DNG files to be opened so they can be worked upon? And is it possible to reverse this existing 'read only' setting on the affected files so they can be accessed?

Thanks, Bob.
Mac's do not currently support DJI's DNG files by default, Inspire 1 and Mavic's RAW files are fine but not the I2. In order to open/edit them you need a program that supports the files like Lightroom just as Florida DS are saying. I used to use my Aperture on my Mac to do my photos but since Apple no longer do Photo software and stopped supporting Aperture another program is needed.

Hi all

Thanks for your replies (sorry for not responding sooner but been away on PfCO course!)

This was also raised there - another thing DJI haven't let on. Will hopefully get another Windows laptop so I can start to get a few of these packages I've been hearing about (Lightroom, daVinci Resolve etc).

All the best, Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84