Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Do i need to calibrate batteries if upgraded from FW 1.2.06 to 1.4.01?

Reaction score
Hi fellows. Do i need to calibrate Batteries after last firmware done correctly on AC and
Batteries?
I recall you need to deplet and recharge from 3% on old FW.
Thanks and safe flight to everyone.

yes, however lots of people are having issues with the 3% not working because it has to do with voltage being the trigger moreso than the % left which can get way off of actual if the owners manual recommended every 10 charge cycles drain to shut itself off battery maintenance isnt performed to reset the counter, so its better if you go till they shut themselves off. You also have to make sure they are fully charged at 100% and drain all the way down in one use as per the instructions.

Thanks, @SultanGris and @turbodronepilot ...
I'm running the latest FW on AC, RC and Batt.... and last App on Android and IOS. (Had to surrender to Fruity Ipad air 2 wifi)
Both tb47 and tb48 , updated to last FW, and charged them normally.
Just landed from 2tb48 and 1tb47, with no isuues. AC flawlessly behavior, and the batteries drained smooth and steady as i usethem on the air, no jumps or spooky drainage from 100% to land @ 25%.
Finally seems we have a reliable AC on the sky once again.
...anyhow i need to confirm if i need to run the 100/3/100% task on the Batt, as I can't see strange behavior with the new FW.
In Chile today, all the airport staff officials, like meteo, security and tower air traffic controllers are on a strike....so no flight today near me... (I do live on the less busy class 1 international airport, at Easter Island, Rapanui, MATAVERI airport)
Took the bird to max 500 high to spot the whole island for a book cover picture.
I noted, outside the NO FLY ZONE, the app warn me about COLLISION and force me down from the edges of the trapezoidal shape on the circle around the NO FLY ZONE.
So if you hit the NFZ while on the air, below 20m(No fly wall zone) the AC hit the imaginary wall and no strange behavior, simply you can't go further.
If you hit the trapezoidal outher rim, the bird stops and the app inform you about COLLISION.
No strange behavior whatsoever. I can rely on this FW and the AC once again.
Long time grounded and in doubt when flying...
Happy new skies from now on.

Thanks and safe flight to everybody.:D

....nice fresh view of the navel of the world, the most isolated place on this planet, and the farest place on earth. The farest DJI PILOT also.o_O

if the app doesnt say you need to cycle the batteries to reset them then you may not have too, however id fly very carefully using them for the first time on the new firmware if you dont, keep the inspire close to you and the ground, just in case they exhibit the sudden massive percent drop issue and you need to land quickly. you dont want to go from 80% battery to 6% if youre half a mile away and 400 feet in the air if you know what i mean.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo