Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dodgy Repair Quote

Reaction score
Hi All, so after my first flight crash ( non pilot error ) from a What I now feel was a very dodgy second hand inspire 1v2. I got my camera and vibration board back repaired from DJI and did a test flight over the ocean even that went ok. So took said drone to beach for 4th ever flight a short time later . Went up 8m cut out came crashing to the floor. No warning at time log said critical power however tb48 was well over 75%. So I sent the whole machine and the three batteries back to DJI. I asked them for a please explain why this machine worked one minute and dropped out of the sky the next. I today got my quote $2200 Australian dollars which included 2 x tb47 ( one only had 17 charges and a tb48 ) they quoted me for 4 new motors and new flight controller , frame and parts of the plastic which were fine as it landed on sand. The list of parts including landing gear etc etc were horrendous. The machine isn’t worth half the repair cost my household insurance does not cover drones apparently. They stated it was A battery issue that caused the crash , however I sent them 3 batteries. So they Havnt said what battery surely they all cannot be dead as I did a few succeful flights. It’s like DJI will not accept any responsibility for there software failures. I had no errors and have owned a lot of DJI products and never crashed a drone. I am
Very upset as this drone is written off. Do t even want to sell it for parts Incase I onsell
A bad part to some other poor bugger. Has anyone else had ordinary service and exorbitant quotes from Official DJI repairers.

Hi All, so after my first flight crash ( non pilot error ) from a What I now feel was a very dodgy second hand inspire 1v2. I got my camera and vibration board back repaired from DJI and did a test flight over the ocean even that went ok. So took said drone to beach for 4th ever flight a short time later . Went up 8m cut out came crashing to the floor. No warning at time log said critical power however tb48 was well over 75%. So I sent the whole machine and the three batteries back to DJI. I asked them for a please explain why this machine worked one minute and dropped out of the sky the next. I today got my quote $2200 Australian dollars which included 2 x tb47 ( one only had 17 charges and a tb48 ) they quoted me for 4 new motors and new flight controller , frame and parts of the plastic which were fine as it landed on sand. The list of parts including landing gear etc etc were horrendous. The machine isn’t worth half the repair cost my household insurance does not cover drones apparently. They stated it was A battery issue that caused the crash , however I sent them 3 batteries. So they Havnt said what battery surely they all cannot be dead as I did a few succeful flights. It’s like DJI will not accept any responsibility for there software failures. I had no errors and have owned a lot of DJI products and never crashed a drone. I am
Very upset as this drone is written off. Do t even want to sell it for parts Incase I onsell
A bad part to some other poor bugger. Has anyone else had ordinary service and exorbitant quotes from Official DJI repairers.
So we're these the same batteries your were talking about in this thread.....

If you have had a 'lot' of DJI products you will know never to take off without a fully/freshly charged battery which appears to be the case here. What was your lowest cell voltage at time of incident?

Reactions: Rattydude77
I always charge my batteries to 26.2 volts before a flight, even if they light up all 4 lights. I had a used battery that completely cut out at 30% good. I just do not use a battery that shows signs of failure. DJI is high repair costs so they can warranty their work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan