Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does anyone have the inspire 2 firmware from February

Reaction score
Does anyone have the old inspire 2 firmware from February so that I can fly my inspire 2 ?

I've done the app and firmware updates and now the **** thing is just cooking my iPad and the video feed back is just crap with 3 sec. delay..

I've been able to instal the old original app and now the iPad does not over heat but the new firmware has flight height, distance and speed restrictions with the old app...

Thanks

Which iPad?

I have an Air 2 and it is beginning to show its age with current GO 4.1.3 and breaking up the feed. A year ago it was fine, but not now with video break ups. I believe the Air 2 is being discontinued now over a generic iPad something which might be faster. Time for a new iPad Pro A10X I guess and prepare it for GO 5 which likely will be the demise of all Androids and many Apples if GO keeps eating up resources with each version as it does. :(

Which iPad?

I have an Air 2 and it is beginning to show its age with current GO 4.1.3 and breaking up the feed. A year ago it was fine, but not now with video break ups. I believe the Air 2 is being discontinued now over a generic iPad something which might be faster. Time for a new iPad Pro A10X I guess and prepare it for GO 5 which likely will be the demise of all Androids and many Apples if GO keeps eating up resources with each version as it does. :(

I bought two iPad mini 4 when I received my inspire 2 and they were perfect with the last firmware / app setup.
I was able to go through 8 pair of batteries back to back without any video breakup and now I can't get through 1 pair without the iPad craping out.
As I said I have two iPad and they both act the same with the new updates...

Is there any way to go back to the 2/17 inspire 2 firmware ?

Link the I2 to Assistant 2 and go to the firmware page. If you can downgrade, then there will be a previous firmware version visible for you to select.

Alternatively, power up your I2 and rc, connect your tablet to the rc and then use DJI Go and press and hold the 3 -'s at the top right of the initial 'go fly' screen for several seconds (the one that shows the I2 picture). That will take you to the firmware upgrade/downgrade page and show you the current firmware version and any available prior versions, you can select to downgrade there. It'll prompt you to connect the tablet to the aircraft directly.

You can also downgrade the rc firmwRe in the same manner... but leave your I2 powered down, then it'll display the rc firmware options.

As far as I know, DJI haven't made this a non downgradable firmware update (yet), so you should be able to downgrade at least one version (.0330 I think)
Thanks for your reply but there is no older firmware versions available now on the DJI assistant or the DJI app....poof

Ah, Ok.

maybe has something to do with the rumour I've heard about DJI removing previous firmware versions from their servers due to people hacking them to remove the NFZ GEO limitations.

I'm not aware that there's any caching of the firmware for the I2 other than on DJI's servers. The iPad and Assistant 2 don't store a version that you can Access afaik, and they haven't made the firmware available for install via microSD on the I2 :( .

Ronin, did you get any proper resolution to your issue? We've been dealing with them now for almost 2 months. No progress.

Reactions: ronin rs211
Ronin, did you get any proper resolution to your issue? We've been dealing with them now for almost 2 months. No progress.
DJI are a joke, the only fix is to buy a new 10.5" iPad pro for $728.00 and all the latest software upgrade issues are gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo