Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does the inspire need maintenance

Reaction score
Hi

Been looking at the mechanics of the inspire with its moving joints and worm drive for leg elevation

do these parts need lubrication with say WD40 or similar to ensure ease of operation

Or just leave well alone

Mike

WD-40 isn't a lubricant
Wd40 isn't a good lubercant. It is a type of clp: clean, lubricate and protect. It displaces water(hence the name). Often use on rubbers can be bad, and depending on who you ask, plastics. The only time I would use wd40 is after a trip into salt water

Wd40 isn't a good lubercant. It is a type of clp: clean, lubricate and protect. It displaces water(hence the name). Often use on rubbers can be bad, and depending on who you ask, plastics. The only time I would use wd40 is after a trip into salt water
Or to release seized items - it is a crap lubricant.
Try something like Labelle 108 for a great quality RC lubricant/oil.

Or if in another jam, Triflow lubricant is good stuff to use as well, available at your local bicycle shop, I've never used wd40 for anything related to R/C

I use tri-flo too, but I heard you shouldn't use the spray can (the chemicals in it to make it a propellent can eat at the rubber) oh wait there is no rubber on the Inspire 1 LOL was thinking of the belt drive on my helis, I digress. But yes it has Teflon in it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop