Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downgrade Firmware from 1.3.0.00 to Firmware 1.2.1.06

Reaction score
Please resist the temptation to ask why I would want to do this. I just want to know how.

Current Setup:
Inspire 1 aircraft, batteries, remotes, camera all on firmware 1.3.0.00.
Using an android device with DJI Pilot app (Not DJI Go).

How do I revert all hardware to Firmware 1.2.1.06? (The release notes for 1.3.0.00 say I can do it but not how.)

Thanks!

Please resist the temptation to ask why I would want to do this. I just want to know how.

Current Setup:

How do I revert all hardware to Firmware 1.2.1.06? (The release notes for 1.3.0.00 say I can do it but not how.)

Thanks!
You simply 'upgrade' to 1.2.1.6 as would normally do. In the past the individual component files would not be accepted if older (lower version number) than installed but that is, I understand (never having done it), no longer necessary. Check the log .txt file to see what has changed. I am uncertain whether the batteries will accept a downgrade.

Current Setup:

Thanks!
Did you try this yet? I am wanting to do the same for now.

I tried to revert back by simply doing a standard upgrade and it failed. Told me I was trying to install an older version.

On the DJI firmware 1.3 release notes item 1 says you can go back but I guess not.
I want to go back so I can Continue AutoflightLogic Beta testing.
You can only go back to 1.2.1.6. Once at this baseline you should be able to come halfway back and install the SDK for the Autoflight Beta programme.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilrah
trying to do it now as 1.3 is awful, far too many signal drop outs. It's playing silly buggers though and isn't letting me. just tried twice with the dji firmware now trying with the auto flight logic beta firmware

trying to do it now as 1.3 is awful, far too many signal drop outs. It's playing silly buggers though and isn't letting me. just tried twice with the dji firmware now trying with the auto flight logic beta firmware
I just tried as well, it just puts 1.3 txt file right back on and keeps 1.3. Also RC would not do anything with USB even after a minute. Basically I put 1.3 back on the camera card and everything seems fine for now. Did not fly it, but looks like I'll have to wait for the DJI update to allow SDK and Autoflightlogic.

When Installed 1.2.1.6 the app showed it was on that but it never let me change the RC.
It would not even do the 1.02.02.17 Beta after 1.6. It would not even start the beep sequence.
I was using the Autoflightlogic beta before the 1.3 but now were stuck it looks like.

I just tried as well, it just puts 1.3 txt file right back on and keeps 1.3. Also RC would not do anything with USB even after a minute. Basically I put 1.3 back on the camera card and everything seems fine for now. Did not fly it, but looks like I'll have to wait for the DJI update to allow SDK and Autoflightlogic.

When Installed 1.2.1.6 the app showed it was on that but it never let me change the RC.
It would not even do the 1.02.02.17 Beta after 1.6. It would not even start the beep sequence.
I was using the Autoflightlogic beta before the 1.3 but now were stuck it looks like.

Yes the App shows I'm on 1.2.1.6 but like you the RC Never seemed to respond at all but it is all connect to the AC and working. So I'm not sure now if the AC is on 1.2.1.6 and RC on 1.3???

What sort of noise did you get on update. The first time I inserted the sd card I got the normal D-D-D-D followed by D--D-D-D showing successful but after that just got a long noise and done beeps which repeated itself in a loop for about 30 minutes. Sd card then said corrupted file. So I really don't know if the firmware the App is showing is correct or not. And what to do about the RC??

Anybody else experienced this

Yes the App shows I'm on 1.2.1.6 but like you the RC Never seemed to respond at all but it is all connect to the AC and working. So I'm not sure now if the AC is on 1.2.1.6 and RC on 1.3???

What sort of noise did you get on update. The first time I inserted the sd card I got the normal D-D-D-D followed by D--D-D-D showing successful but after that just got a long noise and done beeps which repeated itself in a loop for about 30 minutes. Sd card then said corrupted file. So I really don't know if the firmware the App is showing is correct or not. And what to do about the RC??

Anybody else experienced this
I would put 1.3 back on if I were you, I think the RC still has it. Put 1.3 back on the AC and everything will be back to normal. I just took mine out for a flight through 2 batteries and did not have any problems. Video looked good too. You probably don't want to do to much messing around or you could brick you machine.

I would put 1.3 back on if I were you, I think the RC still has it. Put 1.3 back on the AC and everything will be back to normal. I just took mine out for a flight through 2 batteries and did not have any problems. Video looked good too. You probably don't want to do to much messing around or you could brick you machine.

Paul, when I upgraded to 1.3 my Inspire started refusing to fly in a straight line. When I push the stick forward, it will veer off to the right for a few feet (maybe 5-7ft.) and then start flying straight for a bit, then start veering left etc. You're not experiencing that?

Paul, when I upgraded to 1.3 my Inspire started refusing to fly in a straight line. When I push the stick forward, it will veer off to the right for a few feet (maybe 5-7ft.) and then start flying straight for a bit, then start veering left etc. You're not experiencing that?
Try an imu calabration. ...

Let me go out and see. I will be back on in a bit.

Went out and tried from a hover if I push the stick forward it flies straight every time. I am having no problems.

Last edited:
Make sure when you put the 1.3 back on you delete the text file first.

Thanks guys!! Well, I tried a few imu calibrations and it didn't fix it. Also, I was backing it up from a hover and it randomly climbed about 3 feet. That's certainly not the worst thing in the world, but it makes me wonder what will happen next. What would you guys do if this was yours?

Thanks guys!! Well, I tried a few imu calibrations and it didn't fix it. Also, I was backing it up from a hover and it randomly climbed about 3 feet. That's certainly not the worst thing in the world, but it makes me wonder what will happen next. What would you guys do if this was yours?

are you making sure the inspire is stationary when you power it on and the camera spins going through its self test mode? if you move it during this time you will mess up the sensors calibrations and cause erratic flight. If you arent moving it during this test then id try compass calibration? RC stick calibration? make sure imu is done on a stable level surface and not moved at all during the calibration process.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Yep, I've done the rc stick calibration, imu cal on a flat stable surface, camera spins during self test, etc. I do a compass calibration before every flight as well. This only started happening after upgrading to 1.3.

Not sure what else to tell you then unless you messed with the gain values or something, but compass calibration before every flight is a complete waste of time, ive done mine 2 or 3 times since january and i fly almost every day.

Have you tried flying in atti mode as and does it act the same way on a calm day with no wind?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Also I think you may have misunderstood me, I didnt ask if the camera was spinning. i meant make sure the inspire is stationary while the camera is spinning when you first turn it on, do not carry it around during this test or it will cause erratic flight issues. sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: Tom Sanderson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop