Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone data mangement platform

Reaction score
Hi InspirePilots Members,

I’m the CEO and co-founder of Optelos, a drone data management software as a service company. In a nutshell our Drone Work Advisor software lets you manage drone job activities, upload results, annotate, tag, and deliver your project to clients and stakeholders. We can even provide your own branded site.

....basically think of Optelos as a better “drop box" for your drone data. Here are some of the benefits of using a dedicated drone data management platform :

1. Reduce headaches of organizing your data. We provide easy to use yet powerful tools to manage your projects, annotate images, tag, and manage all your content.
  2. Elegantly deliver results to clients. You spend a lot of time and effort collecting and organizing your data then end up sending your valuable customers to a generic “box” link that just has list of files. With a few simple clicks you can provide clients a much richer and professional environment to view all your hard work. They can download content, see all your comments and annotations, and more.
  3. Point Cloud viewer. We can render your 3D point cloud models along with easy to use point cloud viewer, all in a single platform.
  4. Access your data from anywhere and of course we provide highly secure storage and automatic backups of your valuable data.

As an introduction to the great InspirePilots community, we would like to extend a complimentary 2 month Professional subscription (1TB storage!) to all InspirePilots members.

Members can go to the Optelos site and register with the code “inspirepro” in the comments field and we will get you setup. It's absolutely free and no credit card is required to register.

Simply visit sign up on the Optelos registration page : Optelos Drone Data Management and Branded Client Delivery .

We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback. Visit us at www.optelos.com.

Regards,
David T
CEO & Co-Founder
Optelos

very interesting software. I don't like sending my clients a One Drive share to download their data so this looks interesting for our company. are there any restrictions on file size for point cloud ?

Hi Zacnorth32,

Thank you for your interest ! we currently have a 5GB file upload limit for point cloud rendering but contact us if you need to process larger files, we have other methods to handle datasets larger than 5GB.

just curious what issues/limitations are you seeing with delivering data on OneDrive ?

regards,
David

we found OneDrive is good for smaller projects with simple data sets but it is not as nice when we have to deliver hundreds of images along with having to add notes and other non-drone project documents like ground inspection reports. we ended up with messy folder structures.

but big issue is that several of our customers pressed us for portal once we conducted multiple projects for them as opposed to sharing folders since it became difficult to search on notes and other annotations.

At least that has been our experience and I think others may have similar issues on the data side.

thanks for the feedback ZacNorth32.

perhaps other members can share their thoughts on tools they use to deliver data to clients.....

i also have a question on experience with getting data back to customers. I use Box which worked good for my real-estate jobs but have been doing more inspection work lately and my customer want to tag/notes for the images and videos. its pretty time consuming since i have to create a word document and insert the pictures along with description, notes, and so on. usually over 100 images easy.
anyone have advice, how are you guys getting data back to your customers ?

i also have a question on experience with getting data back to customers. I use Box which worked good for my real-estate jobs but have been doing more inspection work lately and my customer want to tag/notes for the images and videos. its pretty time consuming since i have to create a word document and insert the pictures along with description, notes, and so on. usually over 100 images easy.
anyone have advice, how are you guys getting data back to your customers ?
Check out a service like Hightail.com Its a large transfer file service that has the benefit of a creative review / collaboration feature. You could literally have your clients tagging and reviewing images and making shared notes that you or others on their team could see.

I am not sure if this is exactly what you are after, but it sure sounds better than a giant Word doc.

david@optelos --- we have question on your FlyView feature. it could be useful for placing images of poles on map. we have over 1200 images per run which takes a lot of time to manually place markers of the images. our data is geo-tagged. will FlyView automatically place markers of uploaded images on google map and let me select individual or group of markers ?

Hi Zacnorth32
this is Neil at Optelos. our FlyView feature works exactly as you described. the software will automatically extract the GPS coordinates (we save all the EXIF meta data) from all your uploaded images. The software then uses the GPS information to generate markers that are placed on Google Maps. You can then select the marker(s) to see the associated images.

so let's say you have 10-15 images at each power pole. the software will show the markers of the images and do that along your entire route so the end result should be a nice map of markers at the "poles" along a route . I think that's what you're looking to do if I understand your post correctly.

I've included sample of the FlyView screen. the software creates the markers and you can simply select one or more to see the images on the viewer strip. of course you can tag, add descriptions, etc...

send us a note to [email protected] and we can talk in more detail and demo the feature for you. love to hear more about your power utilities application.

--- Neil

Unfortunately, for smaller companies, and not for profit, the monthly fees are too steep for us, which is a shame as the UI looks quite nice and refined.

Hi , thank you for then nice feedback. We work with many small companies and can setup a plan that fits your business needs. Pop us a note at [email protected] and we can discuss in more detail.

David

This looks like a great alternative to paying for local media management and is definitely more professional than just sharing with Google Drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool