Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone drastically dipping when flying forward 2-3 meters off the ground

Reaction score
I had a last minute job today doing a following shot behind a car, I upgraded to the new firmware update two days ago and shot on my own to test it with no problems also unknowing I would have this shoot today. During my the shoot today I would set the camera height and follow the car (only 1/4 mile) there are no significant changes in the height of the road and about halfway through the shot it would dip drastically almost hitting the ground. There was another part of the road where it would boom drastically up all while I was only moving forward. Any ideas???

Did you re-calibrate the vision sensors and IMU after the latest (2018-04) firmware update? Of course if you were flying without VPS this is probably not it.

I tried with and without vps and with and without obstical avoidance and tried tripod mode and every mode on and off I could think of as a means for a quick fix to no joy!

I had a last minute job today doing a following shot behind a car, I upgraded to the new firmware update two days ago and shot on my own to test it with no problems also unknowing I would have this shoot today. During my the shoot today I would set the camera height and follow the car (only 1/4 mile) there are no significant changes in the height of the road and about halfway through the shot it would dip drastically almost hitting the ground. There was another part of the road where it would boom drastically up all while I was only moving forward. Any ideas???
How close were you following behind the vehicle?
A fast(ish) moving car/truck etc will cause turbulence and can create a lower pressure behind it as it pushes the air in front of it out the way. This will fool the on board barometer into thinking the aircraft is changing height and will attempt to correct its altitude in some instances.

20ft behind at least I also did a dry run without the car and drone was still dropping. I’ve just reinstalled firmware and did a vision sensor calibration will do IMU and compass when I’m at a good location. Trying the shot again today (production not pleased) fingers crossed it behaves

I had the same problem after upadated my I2 to the latest version.

See this post: Compass error. Compass error everywhere and always. Help !!!

I calibrated once agin the compass in a open field, but the problem still the same. From my opinion, there is a problem with the latest update.

Patrick.

And now the thing is going in for repair cause it crashed and burned flew in Atti and got the shots but on the last take it smashed crashed and burned.

Arghh that really sucks man. I also saw on the other thread that you lost some footage on the SSD. I hope DJI can sort this out for you.

Awe thanks, nice to have the support of this forum. Ssd thing is a huge bummer thought I at least had the shots. Lots of lessons learned from this guess it’s all part of it.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I’m wondering if the newest firmware update is the problem? I was very hesitant about updating this one because I read that you CANNOT downgrade to previous firmware if you choose to update to the newer version. I haven’t flown yet with this newest version and I’m worried about it after reading this latest incident from this thread. Does anyone know if you’re able to downgrade to any of the previous firmware? If so please let me know. And I agree with the other persons comment about being thankful that we have this forum for asking questions about these things. Hope someone can answer my question?

It was dipping down and flying up suddenly... happened on a swoop up right into a tree
Sorry to hear that man! That’s the problem with these firmware updates from DJI! You really never know whether or not you are doing the right thing when you choose to update. It’s really not funny at all. I just wish they would test their updates better before they release them to us.

Patrick, the issue you referenced is regarding yaw movement in the gimbal under certain conditions (RTH, landing, or switching from GPS to Atti mode). It is not about movement of the AC as what op experienced.

The latest version of the firmware is the problem :

inspire2 sudden yaw movement since new firmware

I decided do not fly my I2 until the problem is not solve by DJI.

Patrick.

The latest version of the firmware is the problem :

inspire2 sudden yaw movement since new firmware

I decided do not fly my I2 until the problem is not solve by DJI.

Patrick.
So are you able to downgrade the firmware to a previous version or not? I’m going to try to later today and see if I can. I read the details about not being able to downgrade but I installed it anyway and that’s my fault but I trusted it to be a reliable update. Now I’m regretting my decision to install this version and I hope DJI fixes these issues before more people have similar problems with this new version. It’s very frustrating when they come out with these new firmware updates without regard to their customers before releasing them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG