Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Sighting causes delay at Manchester(UK) Airport

If they ever catch who was responsible I would like to see them thrown into Guantanamo Bay.......... For 20 years!
I know, I know, that's probably far too lenient. But I'm feeling charitable today.

Absolutely NO REASON TO FLY any drone, plane, Quadcopter, or any type RC at an AIRPORT.. Totally agree! Not sure what any intentions are of flying near an airport to begin with.. What do people NOT COMPREHEND with a possible collision or deaths?? Just plain #*^!@#$ STUPID, or a terrorist act.. Hang 'Em[emoji35]! Love to hear the excuse and reasoning behind any carried out mission at or near an Airport.... Sorry but should be a "0" tolerance!!

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I have to wonder if it was actually over the runway, or if it was just a sighting a mile+ away. I think operating at or too near an airport is extremely foolish, but at the same time I've seen "sighting" reports of perfectly safe and non-interfering operations of a drone get blown way out of proportion.

I have to wonder if it was actually over the runway, or if it was just a sighting a mile+ away. I think operating at or too near an airport is extremely foolish, but at the same time I've seen "sighting" reports of perfectly safe and non-interfering operations of a drone get blown way out of proportion.

Agree that's why DJI added the firmware for airports based on cat A or cat B, Manchester is a cat A (we all know the limits), but again not everyone has a DJI UAV. The last one spotted near Heathrow was actually an RC helicopter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop