Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DS-30 Anti-Collision Strobe Light Kit for Inspire 1

Just one question to those night flyers here, when using the strobes while filming how badly do the lights influence the video? Since they can be seen for 3 miles I'm assuming that there will be substantial leakage to the lens, making it useless for night shooting. The ACs have the option of turning the front on board LEDs off for this reason I imagine there will be much more leakage from the strobes and a chore to compensate for.

Just one question to those night flyers here, when using the strobes while filming how badly do the lights influence the video? Since they can be seen for 3 miles I'm assuming that there will be substantial leakage to the lens, making it useless for night shooting. The ACs have the option of turning the front on board LEDs off for this reason I imagine there will be much more leakage from the strobes and a chore to compensate for.
Good question! This thread has some good info, just because a strobe can been seen 10 miles away does not make it a better strobe IMO (DS-30 vs Strobon CREE) moisture particles in the air reflect light, and that light is captured where? You got it, in camera! Looks more foggy than crisp. Air refractive index- peeps at Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control Orlando know all about it. The AH-64, DAGER, HELLFIRE, SNIPER, JAVELIN...... the list of high end optics goes on and on... :cool: which strobe is needed for your application is up to you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mixchief
Unless you have a waver it's against the FAA regs to fly at night. I use mine in low light and it works great, I did fly about 5 minutes at night out in the wild where there isn't any light pollution and made a great night video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell