Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DS-30 Anti-Collision Strobe Light Kit for Inspire 1

The models we have been shipping was printed on the Zortrax M 300 which is a really nice printer carbon fiber as you know is a pain in the butt to work with but very strong. I just got a call from the company installing the new printer and they're coming today instead of tomorrow so I will have the new version available very soon. If you'd like to call me sometime I would love to talk 3-D printing with you my number is 270-473-1409

Hey guys Ralph here, wanted to introduce you guys to the new anti-collision strobe light kit for the inspire 1 &1V2. This light exceeds the minimum requirement of 3 miles visibility at night. The Strobe has been thoroughly tested and documented to be visible at 10 miles at night. 1 nautical mile during the day. This product makes it much safer to fly at night as to things happen it allows you to keep your eyes on the drone from farther away and allows other aircraft in the area to know your position.
We are supplying the Strobe kits for the following birds.

Inspire 1
Inspire 1V2
Inspire 2
Mavic Pro
All phantom series.
Matrice 600/600 Pro
Matrice 100

If you have any questions please give me a shout ask Ralph to 270-473-1409

Recently promulgated Part 107 (14 CFR § 107.1 et. seq.) (which you must follow during commercial operation) provides in Section 107.29(b):

(b) No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft system during periods of civil twilight unless the small unmanned aircraft has lighted anti-collision lighting visible for at least 3 statute miles.
OUR RED or WHITE DS-30 Strobes exceed these requirements for drone might flight.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
The DS-30 High Intensity White LED Drone Strobe.

FEATURES:

• Housing: Anodized Aircraft Aluminum.
  • Lens Cover: Polycarbonate.
  • Weather proof
  • Flash rate: 60/minute nominal.
  • Viewing Angle: Full upper hemisphere.
  • Tested Night Visibility: Over 10 Nautical Miles.
  • Tested Day Visibility: Up to 1 Nautical Mile
  • Light Source: 4 CREE LEDs.
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Height: 0.840 In.
  • Width: 1.225 In.
  • Weight: 15 Grams
  • Light Type: LED Strobe
  • Candela: 300
  • Operating Voltage: 4.2 to 12 VDC
US Pat 8,646,938 US Pat 8,220,950

Link to product:Custom Multi-Rotor Drones FlyHighUSA
So how much is it and is it a Do it yourself install?
Thanks

The full kit runs around $110 comes with charger Strobe housing all mounting supplies and rechargeable battery. It is a simple peel and stick 3M dual lock low profile adhesion method. It's easily removable from your drone and leaves no permanent changes markings or negative impact to the bird whatsoever. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call 270-473-1409 would love to make one for you and. see what you think

Hi Ralph, If I ordered a DS-30 tonight for my Inspire 1 how fast could you ship it out? I'm in Dallas and could give you my fedex account number if needed to speed up the process. What you've done looks great. I've also gone through your site and you have some really cool and interesting ideas. Keep up the good work!

Oh and I see one has a charger but one doesn't. I've a ton of mini usb chargers. So, I may not need the charger unless it's a custom one of course.
-Daniel

Hello Daniel, usually we have a 5 to 7 day lead time when I can speak you want out fairly quick I would say would ship within two days. Actually FedEx for us is not easy as there's not one local it's about an hour drive for us. UPS works much better or USPS priority. Which ever works for you is fine if you have any questions give me a call back 270-473-1409 and I'm happy to make you one. We have a brand-new machine that is doing really high-quality prints now exciting stuff

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Ralph, you're awesome.. Thank you! . I'll give you a call tomorrow. I have a Phantom 3 pro as my back up drone but there is no rush on that one. Thanks again!

I didn't ever get the tracking number. Can you shoot it to me here via PM?

I got it today! Thank you! I guess I'm an idiot because I could swear I read it used a micro-usb plug to charge it. LOL Nope! I feel a little silly asking (ok really silly), but what do I need to charge it?

REVIEW at first use- the craftsmanship is awesome. It feels like I bought something made on the assembly line of a big company not someone with a 3D printer. I took it out of the very well protected packaging and turned it right on. I stuck it to the drone and off we went. Worked great. The switch is great and the sliding door is great as well. AT first , I thought it would need to be moved each time I switched a battery, but nope. It fit snug and perfectly/ Well done- Ralph!!!!!! Highly recommend this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk