Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dual remotes Inspire 1

Reaction score
I hope this helps someone. I did do a search, and never quite found "Here's what to do" on here. Forgive me if I missed it somehow. The master controller is a model GL658B, and the Slave is a GL658C.

So I think I almost have this all figured out. Luckily my new remote connected to my Master remote immediately. No issues. The DGIGo app and the new firmware is slightly different than the videos I watched, but I still was able to figure it out. You still go into DJIGo with the master, make sure master is selected, but you will need to be in COACH mode. The slave also has to request control (apparently only the first time), and the master has to grant it before anything can happen...the videos I watched from DJI never said anything about this.

The problem I have, is the slave RC has the same exact control as the master. I have it set up for gimbal control, but it isn't doing anything...it just acts like the master. I can even start the props, takeoff and land...? I tap request control, it says "WARNING Current controller has gimbal control" I hit "apply" on gimbal stick mode. then I get another "WARNING Current Controller has Gimbal Control" but it really doesn't. I can also request control but nothing pops up on the master RC. It just works. Any ideas?

Reactions: Dave Elmore
I hope this helps someone. I did do a search, and never quite found "Here's what to do" on here. Forgive me if I missed it somehow. The master controller is a model GL658B, and the Slave is a GL658C.

So I think I almost have this all figured out. Luckily my new remote connected to my Master remote immediately. No issues. The DGIGo app and the new firmware is slightly different than the videos I watched, but I still was able to figure it out. You still go into DJIGo with the master, make sure master is selected, but you will need to be in COACH mode. The slave also has to request control (apparently only the first time), and the master has to grant it before anything can happen...the videos I watched from DJI never said anything about this.

The problem I have, is the slave RC has the same exact control as the master. I have it set up for gimbal control, but it isn't doing anything...it just acts like the master. I can even start the props, takeoff and land...? I tap request control, it says "WARNING Current controller has gimbal control" I hit "apply" on gimbal stick mode. then I get another "WARNING Current Controller has Gimbal Control" but it really doesn't. I can also request control but nothing pops up on the master RC. It just works. Any ideas?
I have used the slave a few times after getting the firmware updated and linking the two together. In my instance, the slave has complete control over the camera and gimbal only...as it should be. Flight control is still in the hands of the RPIC. If you have access to a local shop that services UAS' then I would suggest taking it in rather than beating yourself to death over it. I am fortunate to have an authorized service center about an hours drive from me. I realize that not everyone is so fortunate though. I apologize for not being able to offer a solution. I feel your pain.

With coach mode off, moving the sticks on the slave do nothing to control the gimbal? Please make sure that the controller is in mode 2 and perform a stick calibration.
Correct, and yes, I do this every time I start it up, just to be sure...nothing. Unless I'm I coach mode...it's basically a remote monitor.

If I turn off the slave, reboot the Master, go back into DJIGo, I am unable to delete from the "Slave Remote Controller List" either...I was trying to start over. Maybe delete the app and all data?

hmmmm...it worked the other way around? Maybe because the "slave" was the newer RC?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop