Epic 2 Mile Fly Away!

I'd be interested to know what people think about this.

I have waited for the right time to get mine I started with a tiny hubsan with a camera to follow my progress then i went to a glimpse with fpv i have to agree with a lot of great fliers learn small and learn everything now i will move to my next step but not without learning something very valuable today my experience is starting with a mcx with 5 copters in between all the way to a t-rex 450 pro that i could disassemble and rebuild before i put it in the air slow down guys safety was no accident

Gyroscope MOD: 0.01
Acceleration MOD: 0.99
Compass MOD: 1433-1492 (Rapid fluctuate between these values)

Hope this helps

you must admit ATTI is a big jump for newbies man, i just want your help!
Saying 'Atti is a big jump for newbies' is like saying 'I get the whole driving thing but reverse is kinda tough so I'm going to bail on the whole backing up thing'. When you fly these things you should get practiced with every aspect of it. You bought a powerful machine, take the time to learn how to control it. After a while you will find ATTI mode will give you better, smoother shots as well.

Reactions: The Editor
Current MOD values when incident happend

You have an issue with the Nano Quad? I have mine in purple and it does loops.

I'd be interested to know what people think about this.
Regardless of the red triangle, the green line should be your reference. If it is doing anything other than getting shorter you are not heading in the right direction

Hope this helps
How have you now got these values when you said in post #53 you didn't check what they were pre flight?

Sorry, I've just got them now, switched on Inspire and got them from app? This is not correct?

Regards
No - you needed them at the time of take off pre flight of the problem flight in question.

Unfortunately your current mod values are of no use.

No - you needed them at the time of take off pre flight of the problem flight in question.

Unfortunately your current mod values are of no use.
Ok, got you. So will they be present in the flight log I can get from the Inspire plugging it into my laptop?

Yes, but you will not be able to read them.
Only DJI are able to decypher the logs.

OK, I'm sending LOGS to DJI tomorrow.
I will keep everyone posted with there response.
This incident has allowed me to gain a huge amount of knowledge from yourself and others here. I was very fortunate all ended well for me and these MOD values, I will check always pre-flight now.
Thank you for all your guidance, one learns by there mistakes

And remember......... get comfortable with Atti......It is always your friend when things go bad

Flying any machine on GPS you must understand that the GPS system has limitations. If Any GPS error occurs one needs to have some redundancy. In the case of the inspire that would be switching to ATTI mode.
When you receive your Inspire however DJI has this function disabled by default giving the owner the impression one can rely in full on the GPS. One would not even be able to switch to ATTI mode.

I have added an interesting read on GPS and RAIM (Receiver autonomous integrity monitoring)

Here a link to check RAIM near an airport near you: http://augur.ecacnav.com/augur/app/npa

I guess I will update my Pre-Flight checklist to include a RAIM check for the future.

Attachments

• 05-AI 3.3a - RAIM Prediction service presentation.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: Harry Nicholson

Wait, what? You can't switch to ATTI mode out of the box?