Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Epic 2 Mile Fly Away!

Reaction score
So I updated to latest firmware this morning and took Inspire out to film a large ship on the river.
Was on my third battery TB48 and bring the craft in from about 700m away, although I could see it coming in, controls just didn't seem responding as expected.
Craft came in to about 100m with force control from myself, then started spinning round in huge circles, then started to drop and gain altitude, at this point I knew it was totally out of control, incited RTH, it ignored that command! Then flew over to a huge river, back to me, then over trees just missing them.
What happened next blew me away!
RC and Video signal lost! At this point I presumed it had crashed as it was going at one hell of a speed over the trees and out of sight!
Jumped in my mates VW Golf GTI and headed in the general direction it flew off in. I was carefully monitoring the RC and display for any details.
Maps suddenly appeared showing a route, we traveled to where it was last seen in a large housing area , was not there!
I can't remember what happened next as my head was spinning, my mate said lets go back to where we took off, I said do it, do it fast!
There was an old man there, who had seen us flying earlier, he said your helicopter is down there son, it flew over me and landed, I've put it to one side for you!
I hugged him, I was overwhelmed.
Best part is, all of this was recorded in 4K! Its EPIC

Where is the video? I believe there are problems with the TB48. My Bird 1 dropped into the river.
Its just been converted and I'm uploading to youtube as we speak.
Mate Im so sorry to hear of your Inspire,did you get it back? have you spoke with DJI?
Im the luckiest man alive, when you watch the video it flys over a huge tower block of flats just missing them! Its an insane video.

Reactions: sirnikolas
If mine ever flies away, I hope to have a happy ending like you did! GOOD DEAL! Glad you still have it and hope you figure out what when wrong so as not to have a repeat. :)

If mine ever flies away, I hope to have a happy ending like you did! GOOD DEAL! Glad you still have it and hope you figure out what when wrong so as not to have a repeat. :)
Im very hesitant to take it out again. its destroyed all confidence I have with it

So I updated to latest firmware this morning and took Inspire out to film a large ship on the river.
Was on my third battery TB48 and bring the craft in from about 700m away, although I could see it coming in, controls just didn't seem responding as expected.
Craft came in to about 100m with force control from myself, then started spinning round in huge circles, then started to drop and gain altitude, at this point I knew it was totally out of control, incited RTH, it ignored that command! Then flew over to a huge river, back to me, then over trees just missing them.
What happened next blew me away!
RC and Video signal lost! At this point I presumed it had crashed as it was going at one hell of a speed over the trees and out of sight!
Jumped in my mates VW Golf GTI and headed in the general direction it flew off in. I was carefully monitoring the RC and display for any details.
Maps suddenly appeared showing a route, we traveled to where it was last seen in a large housing area , was not there!
I can't remember what happened next as my head was spinning, my mate said lets go back to where we took off, I said do it, do it fast!
There was an old man there, who had seen us flying earlier, he said your helicopter is down there son, it flew over me and landed, I've put it to one side for you!
I hugged him, I was overwhelmed.
Best part is, all of this was recorded in 4K! Its EPIC

Video converted, uploaded and now processing on YouTube

Reactions: sirnikolas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips