Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

External monitor holder on remote controller

Reaction score
hi guys,
need your help.
after multiple ways, no more else artigianal hand made holder for external monitor, 9 inch, for 2nd remote on dji inspire series, 1 raw series.
i need help to fix 9 inch monitor, better than tablet for viewing and signal stability, on 2nd remote.
on monitor installed sony 970 batterie, some day need to work for multiple hours and tablet going fall.
could you suggest me any brand, any small business, anything else?
thnaks for help.
b.

hi guys,
need your help.
after multiple ways, no more else artigianal hand made holder for external monitor, 9 inch, for 2nd remote on dji inspire series, 1 raw series.
i need help to fix 9 inch monitor, better than tablet for viewing and signal stability, on 2nd remote.
on monitor installed sony 970 batterie, some day need to work for multiple hours and tablet going fall.
thnaks for help.
b.

I generally get about 6 hours on an iPad. I've shot 12 hour days using 2 iPads. But if I'm reading you right, you're looking for an external monitor? On a stand? For that I would recommend a 12.9" iPad (gen 3).

This rig is very lightweight, very sturdy, very compact and inexpensive. I have an elbow piece at the top of the stand, but that's really unnecessary. I also use this stand and iPad for music gigs, so the elbow at the top helps bring the iPad within reach when I'm drumming.

The Neewer 6-11" Tablet Holder is < 20 bucks and the stand itself was < $12.00.

D

i'm sorry,

"""i need help to fix 9 inch monitor, better than tablet for viewing and signal stability, on 2nd remote.""""

its not easy to use a tripod when filming outside.
wind, foot, people…..
i got 9 inch professional monitor, where brightness and signal is better.
i need to fix it with no tripods.
i got it and have more more trouble when use it.
thanks

i'm sorry,

"""i need help to fix 9 inch monitor, better than tablet for viewing and signal stability, on 2nd remote.""""

The tablet has very little to do with signal stability. Your use of the term "tablet" is so vague that I can only assume you're using a decent iPad. Even a relatively weak Air 1 will not bottleneck your video feed. Assuming you're using a tablet of reasonable power, signal instability is the fault of your signal strength vs. environment (microwaves) vs. your chosen channel. When your environment is loaded with microwave signal, "Auto" channel switching is your worst enemy. I did a video on "signal strength" here:

its not easy to use a tripod when filming outside.

If you hand the tripod and iPad to the DP, it's actually quite light and nimble when mobilizing to a different location (say 30 or 40 feet away). Generally speaking, while actively shooting, we don't move around much. My pilot might move around so that he can maintain LOS, but generally speaking, as camera op, I remain static as does the DP. YMMV.

wind, foot, people…..

If there's enough wind to blow over the tripod, there's too much wind to fly.

Regarding "foot, people," if you have a bunch of people running around after the director yells "action," then I don't know what to say. In American film production, all activity comes to a stand-still when the director yells 'action.' You must be shooting independent films.

i got 9 inch professional monitor, where brightness and signal is better.

I find that if reflection is a problem, you can take the iPad off the stand and the DP can stand in such a way as to keep the iPad in the shade. We try and stay in the shade anyway to avoid over-heating. I considered the Crystal Sky offerings, but they're too buggy. Too many complaints in this forum to trust that platform. When on set, my equipment must work perfectly. And it does 100% of the time.

i need to fix it with no tripods.

Copy that. I think you would find the $30 investment worth it just to have it on hand. The more comfortable you make your DP, the more points you will score with production. But I don't have to tell YOU that. That said, read above. Your reception issues are NOT due to your iPad. If you have an Android, then, yeah....that could be a problem. Get an Air Pro and you'll be good in that department.

i got it and have more more trouble when use it.

You mean you have an iPad stand and don't use it? Hmmmm.... We use it sometimes...not always. It just depends on the shot.

Let me know if the video I linked is germane to your problem and if it helps it.

D

Last edited:
dear frank, thanks for your explanation.
so, i'm professional and work with drone form almost 6 years.
for many reason use external monitor vs tablet. i'm using only apple device.
external monitor have more reasonable effort than tablet.
image is more clearly, is more brightness, i got peaking, i got good sun cover and so on.
i dont like so much tablet, for pilot no issue.
in fact sometimes, when are in some noise areas, strong signal make me wrong, but its not for this way that i prefer monitor than tablet.
external monitor is more better, simply.
but this thread is not for quality of the image, is for finding how to fix my external monitor with no hand made solution.
do you have idea?

hi guys,
need your help.
thnaks for help.
b.

If I understand what you want to do, you could get a Seacraft Tray for your Inspire remote and some RAM ball mounts from @Florida Drone Supply. As long as the monitor you want to use has a 1/4-20 mount this should be possible.

IMG_1440.jpg

Much like SanCap has shown, I've also used the Secraft tray and a Secraft transmitter device holder -- all from Florida Drone Supply. In the photo you see my Cendence transmitter and my 12.9" iPad (my favorite). I've also used this same configuration for the original I2 controller. (The Cendence transmitter requires a small adapter for fitment also supplied by Florida Drone Supply. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk