Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fake "No Fly Zone"

Reaction score
Website
www.intheairphotography.com
So I brought my Inspire 2 out to fly today from a spot I flew my Mavic yesterday with no problems - although it gave me a warning that I was close to a Class D space - which I was - and had to check the check box. When I went to take off the Inspire said "Cannot takeoff" - when I looked why it said "No Fly Zone". I checked the point both on the DJI Geo Fence and in Airmap. No TFRs either. Was NOT in No Fly Zone. Anyone else have this problem?

This is the point:

Google Maps

...adding...I do have a few authorized unlocks - and I had one of them "on" in Go - but I wasn't in that area.

Last edited:
I am not certain but I think that once you have turned on an authorised unlocking zone (the sort that you need to apply via email to [email protected]) then you are restricted to fly in just that location and requested radius.

Try turning off all unlock zones and try again?

Reactions: roblevine
So I brought my Inspire 2 out to fly today from a spot I flew my Mavic yesterday with no problems - although it gave me a warning that I was close to a Class D space - which I was - and had to check the check box. When I went to take off the Inspire said "Cannot takeoff" - when I looked why it said "No Fly Zone". I checked the point both on the DJI Geo Fence and in Airmap. No TFRs either. Was NOT in No Fly Zone. Anyone else have this problem?

This is the point:

Google Maps
I am not certain but I think that once you have turned on an authorised unlocking zone (the sort that you need to apply via email to [email protected]) then you are restricted to fly in just that location and requested radius.

Try turning off all unlock zones and try again?
I should have tried that when I was there, duh! I DID look at the unlocking and one was checked - obviously not where I was. Afterwards I thought I remembered the restriction you mentioned. Ima go back up there tomorrow to try it :)

Reactions: Bret and MrTVR
I should have tried that when I was there, duh! I DID look at the unlocking and one was checked - obviously not where I was. Afterwards I thought I remembered the restriction you mentioned. Ima go back up there tomorrow to try it :)

Were you able to resolve your issue with unlocking of the NFZ? Thanks!

That's cool and thanks for the reply! BTW, were any of the NFZ a "red zone"? I have a situation here. I am supposed to fly over a small section of our town's riverfront to document construction progress of a new downtown development, but DJI shows a red NFZ at this site. The NFZ is for a de-commissioned nuclear plant that has been shut down for over 40 years. Problem is, the actual power plant is about a mile south of the NFZ. They don't even the location correct at all asI can fly all day around the old plant!!!!

That's cool and thanks for the reply! BTW, were any of the NFZ a "red zone"? I have a situation here. I am supposed to fly over a small section of our town's riverfront to document construction progress of a new downtown development, but DJI shows a red NFZ at this site. The NFZ is for a de-commissioned nuclear plant that has been shut down for over 40 years. Problem is, the actual power plant is about a mile south of the NFZ. They don't even the location correct at all asI can fly all day around the old plant!!!!
The actual NFZ which the unlocking was for? Most of it is an Authorization Zone. Have you tried taking this up with DJI? Maybe you could get some kind of letter from the nuke plant owner - seems like they'd like to get this cleaned up, too :)

I fly at red rock park it’s leagal and when I tried to take off with my inspire I got the same thing but had no problem flying P4p and I could fly using litchi but not GO app and their is no internet that far out. Thanks in advance for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee