Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FINALLY APPROVED ND-FILTERS !

Dude this is an Inspire 1 Board. You lost your compass read? Might need a firmware upgrade there. Chief. Remember turn 180+ degrees to the left and and another 180+ degrees to the left nose-down.

Here let me help you.

:rolleyes:

Wow, I didn't know Renaat had a P3 ND filter thread over there! Where is it again, exactly?

Reactions: Outta Control
Hey Guys does anybody have a Set from Renaat Filters that he is not going to use it until end of may or somebody who has ordered 2 sets. If yes it would be great if you could send it before 15 may to me to switzerland (i'll pay for it of course) and i will send you my Set coming in the second shippment (end of may) direct to you.... we got a important job in Iceland on thr 16th may and we need those filters „smile“-Emoticon THX

Hey Guys does anybody have a Set from Renaat Filters that he is not going to use it until end of may or somebody who has ordered 2 sets. If yes it would be great if you could send it before 15 may to me to switzerland (i'll pay for it of course) and i will send you my Set coming in the second shippment (end of may) direct to you.... we got a important job in Iceland on thr 16th may and we need those filters „smile“-Emoticon THX
mail us about this, perhaps we can find a solution
[email protected]

Hello dear Inspire1 fans,

Thanks for the massive response and sorry not having time to answer all of you individually. So herewith a text for the forum, as well for the individual mails.

Today we signed the contract with the factory and production is already started.

As the factory applies the coatings on the glass before diamond cutting, each glass plate for each ND-grade contains 300 filters. We did not want to take the responsibility, as we are not commercially acting in this case, to have a stock of 4 times 300 filters. So it took some time to convince the factory that we only will take 100 of the ND8, ND16 and ND32, and 50 of ND64. The rest will stay in stock at the factory and we can call for more very fast. We expect the first sending at april 22th. at our place to dispatch to you.

The ND4 we did not order as few interests and an absolute minimum order was 50 against a higher price. We accepted it for the ND64 as we hope on a bright summer sunshine.

Payment details are given by private message to my mail-address: [email protected] and we preview to be paid by paypal or alipay. Details will be given by formal order. Only orders by mail will be accepted as we need your name, surname, fully address, mobile telephone number and e-mail to fill in the transport note. So all Inspired fan who wants the filter-set (8-16-32) and/or the ND64 please mail us with these details, also the ones who already took the effort to mail me, thanks to them, we appreciated your support.

The price will be definitely:

- Set ND8+ND16+ND32 double side coated on glass, 3 grams, 37mm light aluminum frame with internal fine screwing thread for Inspire1 camera : USD 41.-

- ND64: USD 15.-

- Transport to US, Europe, Australia/New Zealand: USD 28.- until 500 grams maximum by TNT air (+/- 4 days)

Each filter will be packed individually in a hard plastic box mentioning the grading and our web-address. (My Chinese wife is proud to promote a quality Chinese product). By the way as I need a variable ND for a cine lens 95 mm thread with Schneider MPTV IR quality, we think at this production too.

So, to make the dispatching easy for me in my busy time, please mail or re-mail me with a formal order and “all” details. English, French, German, Dutch and Chinese language accepted.

Thanks to all of you to made this happens.

Renaat & Aileen
Emailed!
Thanks again!

Reactions: Rainbowers
Hi Renaat,

I've been meaning to thanky you for the filters for a while.
They are very usefull and very nicely produced. Great effort.
The only improvement I coukld see would be be an outer thread at the front, so we coukd stack at least two filters.
More would upset the balance of the gimbal too much.
Thanks again

Hi Renaat,

I've been meaning to thanky you for the filters for a while.
They are very usefull and very nicely produced. Great effort.
The only improvement I coukld see would be be an outer thread at the front, so we coukd stack at least two filters.
More would upset the balance of the gimbal too much.
Thanks again

I really can't see the need to stack filters, when the set allows for a selection that pretty much takes care of any available light situation (unless you're flying too close to the sun :eek:).

You are right, since the ND48 is available. I'm just having a hard time explaining it to my client NASA :D

Putting together a brief video from the ND8 test now (some clips ungraded and then again graded). I'll post back here when it's posted.

Ok, quick clip to show use of ND8 filter at link below. Some notes:

Renaat's ND8 filter used on a few simple DJI Inspire 4K clips both pre and post color grading. NOTE: ALL camera settings were to to "AUTO", including auto-exposure, which produced some undesirable but expected artifacts as the camera adjusted settings. Also note there was about a 18-20mph crosswind and and some jello was produced due to the auto settings + gimbal rubber damper compression in the wind.

Normally I'd do MANUAL settings (rule of 180 etc) but I want to show the worst case scenario. The ND4 stock filter would have produced MUCH more jello artifacting, to be clear from my experience.

Color grading was done quickly in Premiere Pro using just the Fast Color Corrector effect and settings as:

- Saturation: 180
- Input Black Level: 27.0
- Input Gray Level: 1.15
- Input White Level: 170

Bottom line: these filters are excellent.

(Video still processing at time of this writing...watching in full screem at 4K will show the jello when YT makes the 4K version available in a while)

Last edited:
Rainbowers..
Renaat and Aileen..

Do the second round of shipments ship before or after the 20th this month, as I can not find our email convo..

I've ordered some of these filters too. Can't wait for them to arrive. I've got some crappy gel filters at the moment that I wedge behind the stock UV cover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg