Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Finally! My Smart Powercharge Is Here!!!

3. This unit literally does the job 5 times as fast as it would be with the one original DJI charger

Jobs done!

Hi, looks great.
would you mind posting something factual?
like how many minutes did it take to charge

did you look at the clock before you started?
were you batteries at 20%, 40%, 5% when you started?
No one is going to spend enough money to buy 8 DJI chargers, (then say anything other than "how great" it is)

how does it do "the job" "5 times faster" ???
Do you have any numbers or facts that could help a guy like me who is "on the fence"
thanks

Very nice looking. I was worried about the size but if you feel it isnt so big that makes me feel better about it. Still not something I would purchase but very sleek none the less.

4 batteries, 2 chargers and a Honda EU2000 generator makes for nearly continuous flight. I've been shooting from campsites for months now and have no issues using the EU2000 or the Onan 5500 in my trailer to keep the batteries topped off. If one is looking to do a lot of flying in remote locations, it would be better to invest in a generator first than one of these chargers. In any case, the convenience of charging everything all at once does look appealing.

As a cautionary reminder, I would recommend not charging the remote too frequently. For example, charging it after ever four flights would likely be too frequent. For the health of the battery you should let it discharge more fully before each recharge. I was in the habit of topping it off after each 3 or 4 flights but the series of shallow cycles caused it to develop some battery errors rendering it useless. I was able to get it back after doing a full discharge/recharge cycle, which takes forever when not flying, but if one has some paying work lined up, they will be pretty disappointed to find their poor charging habits have rendered the unit unflyable.

Hi, looks great.
would you mind posting something factual?
like how many minutes did it take to charge

did you look at the clock before you started?
were you batteries at 20%, 40%, 5% when you started?
No one is going to spend enough money to buy 8 DJI chargers, (then say anything other than "how great" it is)

how does it do "the job" "5 times faster" ???
Do you have any numbers or facts that could help a guy like me who is "on the fence"
thanks

I didn't really take the time to see how long it the acual charging time is but it's definitely five times faster. In my case I want to charge four batteries and the remote. Now, instead of of hooking up one battery, waiting for it to be fully charged, then hook up the next etc. and finally charging the remote (which can't be charged at the same time as a battery with the stock charger), I can charge all four batteries AND the remote at the same time! So simple math tells me that the charging is five times faster! Charging an iPad or another tablet isn't included in this consideratin as those ar depending on their own USB chargers anyway.

By the way, all batteries were at 30% or a little below when placing them in the charger.

And, no, I am not interested in having 5 or more stock chargers lying around on my desk, using five AC outlets at the same time. In my oppinion the Smart Powercharger is worth the money considering the ease of use and generally convenience of having it all in one box.

4 batteries, 2 chargers and a Honda EU2000 generator makes for nearly continuous flight. I've been shooting from campsites for months now and have no issues using the EU2000 or the Onan 5500 in my trailer to keep the batteries topped off. If one is looking to do a lot of flying in remote locations, it would be better to invest in a generator first than one of these chargers. In any case, the convenience of charging everything all at once does look appealing.

As a cautionary reminder, I would recommend not charging the remote too frequently. For example, charging it after ever four flights would likely be too frequent. For the health of the battery you should let it discharge more fully before each recharge. I was in the habit of topping it off after each 3 or 4 flights but the series of shallow cycles caused it to develop some battery errors rendering it useless. I was able to get it back after doing a full discharge/recharge cycle, which takes forever when not flying, but if one has some paying work lined up, they will be pretty disappointed to find their poor charging habits have rendered the unit unflyable.

Here in Norway a Honda generator (cheapest model) costs more that three Powercharge units! I can accept the convenience of charging batteries in the field, but I would have to do some paid flying to justify that! And then there's that price of gas which would horrify you if you live in the US (8 USD pr. gallon!!!).

Was interested in one of these units myself. But they cut the corner by not having a storage charge option.The USB is not for firmware updates but for charging only. Shame. Built an inverter in my car instead.

Does anyone know if there are step by step instructions for this, the instructions that it came with are not very clear to me. I have two batteries that are charged for storage, but when I put them in the charger the second green light on the battery flashes. Can someone enlighten me please?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions