Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Finger hovering over the 'Buy' button.

Smash that "BUY" button Mossie! Tell your bird that you, and you alone rule your castle and there's nothing she can do about.

.............Yes dear, I'm getting off the computer right now.

A....er.... ahemmm...Stand by Mossie. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
Done it ! The evil deed is done. Going to collect it Monday.

Now sit back and await incoming hostile fire !:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
I think I've decided next Friday will be the day to pull the trigger. Spend some more time pouring over the manual and videos, get it in my hands and get into the flight simulator, go through the check list post on the forum and various calibrations until I can do them in my sleep. Then . . . the maiden voyage in wide open spaces, low level flying.

Ordered mine yesterday. I'm pumped about it I'm going to try to start an aerial photography/thermal imaging business. I had mine sent to a licensed DJI dealer to upgrade the firmware before it goes to the crib. Also I was able to order one of the 48's cuz they just got a big shipment in. My advice would be to order from a dealer instead of amazon or eBay since DJI doesn't have a strong reputation for customer service.

Does anyone know if DJI is shipping Inspires with the new prop locks (not the retrofitted locks, but the spring loaded design that some have commented on.) Will also need to cancel pending orders that I have for the old props. It seems that the spring-loaded props are different.

DJI is unavailable to answer the question due to the Holiday.

Also, has anyone that has ordered from DJI been able to specify the carbon fiber weave that they want?

If you are going to take advice, take it from people who already have them and not the same people who have been coming into this forum for months complaining even though they still do not have one. I ordered round one from DJI and went through all of the crap with everyone else. I even wanted to cancel at one point. I am glad that cancelation did not go though. I love my Inspire. I have two phantom vision plus that I kept for when I wasn't flying the inspire but I never take them out of their cases anymore. I was even confident enough to bring the Inspire to an indoor concert and everything went great.
So it is a case by case basis. Are you a.) able to use it as a tool or b.)able to blow the money on a $3-4k toy? If yes to either of those then go for it. If not, just wait.

Got mine today, abit dishearted. The case was scratched and the transmitter had a chip out of the silver panel. It had the protective film on it as well. I've contacted my dealer and he will be getting in touch with Dji when they are back from their holidays. Powered it up and seems ok, but when it powers up the motors spin up then there seems like there is another 2 pulses of power, is this normal? Only run it up with the props off.

Mine has been great. My main concern was the quality of the camera, having bought the Vision Plus and that proprietary camera was poopy, at best. I'm pleased with the quality of the camera.

This is a turnkey solution...complete control of the camera, great real-time video feed, not a bunch of junk hanging from the craft...being heavier, the unit handles really well in windy conditions. Complete 360 view with the camera...as a single operator, I can pan and tilt the camera...flies indoors. The list goes on. Issues, yes, but they seem to be addressed as they pop up.

Don't do it!!!!!!! Just returned mine! They are really buggy. If you expect a finished product wait. Third or fourth Gen for sure. Plus they will be updating the camera sooner than later from an inside source.

"From an inside source". ...
Who's your inside source.
Is it Eddie Crispo by any chance. ?

I have had mine for a couple of weeks now and am quite pleased with it. I am not totally new to quads - built and sky hero spyder and then purchased a P2, enjoyed them both. I really like the full integration of the video system on the I1 - so that was the clincher for me to purchase. I don't regret it in the slightest.

Got mine today, abit dishearted. The case was scratched and the transmitter had a chip out of the silver panel. It had the protective film on it as well. I've contacted my dealer and he will be getting in touch with Dji when they are back from their holidays. Powered it up and seems ok, but when it powers up the motors spin up then there seems like there is another 2 pulses of power, is this normal? Only run it up with the props off.
The pulses are normal Gray. Think of it as the motors tightening up the props a little more.
Make sure all the updates are done, calibrate the IMU, go out into a clear field, calibrate the GPS...and FLY DAMMIT!
...but keep it close and relatively low until you're comfortable with it :)

So, Jerk, what was buggy about it? Hardware, software, firmware, the unit itself? Details.
The loose t-connectors and jello footage pushed me over the edge. I believe they were causing jello in my footage. Seemed like any encounter with breeze or slight turbulence would start the jello. There is a post on the DJI forum that reminds me of the footage I saw. I too have years of collective 3D Heli time and like some others I had one strange loss of control. I only flew the unit a hand full of times. The time I lost partial control I was in ATTI, ( flew it in ATTI exclusively) and it started off on it own at about 5m off the deck. It reminded me of a phantom 2 when you exceed your flight radius and it tries to fly home. I was able to correct its track with full stick inputs. It seem to reset after I cycled the sticks a couple of times. I literally gave it full control in all directions to trying and reset what ever was going on. It seemed to work. I flew it for the rest of the battery with no issues. I know people are posting home fixes with the arms, but after paying 3000 I wasn't willing to invest any more time on the unit. As it was I spent hours and hours with customer service via phone and chat. I had a conversation with ED about it. His expediting the ticket did nothing because there is no solution. STC Electronics was nice enough to let me draft a letter to the top guy in LA. In the letter I complained a lot, and insisted that nobody stateside lost money on this deal. The end result was a full refund three or so months later. I bought the unit for commercial work in a very specific application. Boat launching in rough seas was also critical. When they stripped that in the last firmware update that was a big hit as well. All in all I just dont trust it like I trust an A1 or Naza 2. I was sincerely worried for people around me. With fly aways it is just a matter of time before one of these things really hurst or kills someone. I watch the forum too much and it seems like most people flying for fun. If all these reports are true there are now enough instances where people probably think twice. There are RC aircraft that are a hell of a lot more fun and cheaper than an INSPIRE. The tolerance on here for DJIs horrific customer service and the lack of accountability for there aircraft is shocking. It has me coming back to get updates all the time. I predict that with time most aircraft will produce jello footage as these parts wear. The design in my opinion is faulty. The joints seem to get worse with time as reported. Makes since when you see how they put it together.

Why did DJI build a quad where all the torsional force is loaded into on singular axis? Seems like they are asking for oscillation problems as the motors fight for stabilization. The torque going into the central axis is a lot to ask of some cheap carbon and plastic fittings. I have done my best to graphically represent this.... How did I do ha!Untitled-1.png

Smash that "BUY" button Mossie! Tell your bird that you, and you alone rule your castle and there's nothing she can do about.

.............Yes dear, I'm getting off the computer right now.

A....er.... ahemmm...Stand by Mossie. :)

Some have only mouthed. Why not just buy inspire. it's lovely to own, this powerful beast. this incredible beast I´ve had since 3th January :):)

I'm seriously considering next Friday as the purchase date, still gathering data from others on this forum, which has been very helpful in collecting things to do and watch for, in preparation of that first flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi