Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Documentation

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an official DJI source which details exactly what each firmware upgrade does, as Im sure the CAA (UK) would want to see the firmware upgrade history on any other reverent information in any CAP382 submission. As the CAA still look upon an UAV as an aircraft I am surprised that the manufacturers are not taking more on an active role in the to support people, as Im sure if push came to shove in a major case, a court might see them as just as liable.

Furthermore, a UAS should be able to backtrace their firmware to enable a stable flying platform, as you can by re-installing computer software for example!

try looking at the release notes on the DJI web site. Or if you want the exact source code change open up the SDK its there for you to see.

Does anyone know of an official DJI source which details exactly what each firmware upgrade does, as Im sure the CAA (UK) would want to see the firmware upgrade history on any other reverent information in any CAP382 submission. As the CAA still look upon an UAV as an aircraft I am surprised that the manufacturers are not taking more on an active role in the to support people, as Im sure if push came to shove in a major case, a court might see them as just as liable.

Furthermore, a UAS should be able to backtrace their firmware to enable a stable flying platform, as you can by re-installing computer software for example!

I have moved this to the Certified UAV Pilots section as it is not Inspire 2 specific.....

Release notes page only is your source.

CAA dont give a monkeys as long as you are operating within your ops manual parameters. In some instances, less is more........

If you put into your ops manual something like "A complete list of all firmware changes will form part of an addendum to this ops manual" then you are bound by it and must do it (since that's whats been signed off)

If you remain mute on it, then there is no onus on you to maintain this. Its also far less of an issue with a small MTOM UAS since there is no stipulation or requirement for an airworthiness cert.

Dont worry - go fly. :p

As part of my maintenance log I just detail the firmware changes (by version numbers) and specific actions taken such as IMU calibration and test flight. Very quick and easy and gives me something to refer back to (as I can see exactly when/what changed) if I were to have specific issues during flights.

As part of my maintenance log I just detail the firmware changes (by version numbers) and specific actions taken such as IMU calibration and test flight. Very quick and easy and gives me something to refer back to (as I can see exactly when/what changed) if I were to have specific issues during flights.
If you already do this, then you know a release notes comes with every update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSVGraciel