Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware update recommended?

Reaction score
Hello, I got my Inspire a few weeks ago… From the messages I have been receiving it appears that I need to upgrade the firmware on the remote controls, the aircraft, and probably the batteries.

It's been my experience in the past that upgrading things actually breaks things.…so I am a little hesitant to upgrade without getting the opinion of the experts first.

I've done several flights, so far without any issues. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hello, I got my Inspire a few weeks ago… From the messages I have been receiving it appears that I need to upgrade the firmware on the remote controls, the aircraft, and probably the batteries.

It's been my experience in the past that upgrading things actually breaks things.…so I am a little hesitant to upgrade without getting the opinion of the experts first.

I've done several flights, so far without any issues. Thanks for any suggestions.
The latest version of firmware (1.3.0.0) installed for me without any issues and provides some major improvements in the available camera functions (HDR, timed shots, AEB) and general handling.

You will have read some reports here where users have had issues. These are in the minority as there are many others out that do not experience problems. My main advice is to download the firmware installation guide and follow it to the letter. After updating ensure that you calibrate the IMU and compass and check that all user values (ie. max distance and failsafe height) are correctly set. For this update, you need to carry out the battery recalibration detailed elsewhere on the forum.

I have had nothing but a good experience with the update and can honestly recommend to go ahead.

Reactions: The Editor
As well as Scotflieger's advice above I would also recommend a stick calibration as well, since you will also be upgrading the FW on the remote control.

Reactions: PB30X
As well as Scotflieger's advice above I would also recommend a stick calibration as well, since you will also be upgrading the FW on the remote control.

+1 would like to add, this very well may be the reason people see drift also, MY EXPERIENCE! Thought I had a bug in the firmware (IMU, COMPASS)and presto, the stick calibration nailed it down[emoji6]! "0" is "0" not plus or minus lol..

Reactions: The Editor
We just had a near crash / semi fly away.... I'll post a separate post for it now. Thanks for your feedback! We'll get upgraded.

I upgraded to 1.3 a few days ago on my Inspire 1. The next day I went to fly, everything was fine until RTH popped up as I was getting ready to land. I tried hitting cancel on my phone and it was completely unresponsive. I tried to manually land it and the sticks on the controller were unresponsive as well, I could do anything as it was flying 5 feet off the ground in front of me. once the 10 seconds ran out for RTH it launched itself up 30 feet into a tree and fell straight down snapping off the gimbal and camera. Other things are tweaked as well. I immediately called DJI and they didn't seem surprised. They sent me a pre paid FedEx label to send it back, and then stated the repair time frame was EIGHT weeks!! I sent it away on this past Thursday... so I will be with out it for a while. I am just glad it didn't happen on set or during an important shoot. Upgraders BEWARE!

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44