Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Update v1.2.0.17 Available

Got my Inspire today!! Ordered it 3 1/2 weeks ago from my local supplier!! Immediately upgraded to .17 firmware and had same issues as
many of you describe. Only after updating the RC as well, all was ok again. Now getting to check everything and get a feel for the app.
Unfortunately the weatherforecast here in the Netherlands is not very favourable for a maidenflight this weekend. Hope to post a nice maiden flight soon :)

Reactions: worldsoutro
Well it looks like I have a yellow blinking status light after the update canceled. Now it seems the remote will not connect to the Inspire 1 "No Signal". Anyone else getting this?
I believe the firmware update requires the updating of the TX(s) as well.
Correct :) Had the same issue. After upgrading the controller as well to .17 all was ok again.

Correct :) Had the same issue. After upgrading the controller as well to .17 all was ok again.

I was thinking that as well but I checked the status of the Inspire 1 update message and it stated "Cancel" and not "Success"

After about 2 mins the Inspire restarted and sounded the D---DD as stated in the how to upgrade the firmware.

Last edited:
any chance you can try with an sd card? cant help but think that wire is causing an issue.

Here is what mine is doing after a "status: canceled" on the Inspire. I was able to update the remote control successfully.

EDIT: This happens to be an issue with the RC being to close to the Inspire.

Last edited:
I checked the status of the Inspire 1 update message and it stated "Cancel" and not "Success"
Perfectly normal, on the next boot after the upgrade it will check the versions again and "cancel" because it's already up to date. To see success you'd have to look at the file before powering up the aircraft again.

You might simply have your radio too close to the aircraft which prevents them from connecting. You should be 1-2m away at least.

Wow. That is interesting and thanks for sharing that "to close" tip. I've had it that close before and it connected. Everything seems to be fine now.

Controller is also not booting up, no beep sound on power up and no beeping down on power down. as you can see in the video all lights are white, red or green. Very strange, I have a 3K+ brick here :/

OK, my update didn't take five minutes.

I started the update and all was going well. I steps away to get my cell phone, from one room to another, and when I got back it appeared to be done! However, the copter never restarted and the RC and the aircraft are not talking to one another. My app window appears as if the aircraft is not even powered up--the camera isn't working--no signal. :mad:

So now my Inspire is dead in the water, as it were. o_O The most expensive paper weight I have in the house!

HELP! :eek:

Tahoe or Blade....... Can you confirm (or not) that this FW version addresses the Compass anomaly and gimbal glitch that a lot of users have been experiencing?
There is no mention of either of these in the release notes.

Oh and if you are asking DJI...... can you also confirm (or not) that it is possible to roll back firmware if you find there is a problem with the new one? - I'm guessing not on that one but worth asking.

Thank You.

This is not the version that we have been test for the last two weeks. In fact we are waiting for a revision on that right now. As far as I know this was a minor housekeep update.

In the iOS v1.0.2 after the upgrade of the rc and inspire 1 when i go to the about screen the main controller firmware 0.15 Loader 34.01 are those readings correct? Where does it show the inspire 1 firmware ?

OK, my update didn't take five minutes.

I started the update and all was going well. I steps away to get my cell phone, from one room to another, and when I got back it appeared to be done! However, the copter never restarted and the RC and the aircraft are not talking to one another. My app window appears as if the aircraft is not even powered up--the camera isn't working--no signal. :mad:

So now my Inspire is dead in the water, as it were. o_O The most expensive paper weight I have in the house!

HELP! :eek:

Remember you have to rebind the Tx and the Inspire after the upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG