Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Upgrade How-To

what is the exact #s for the new firmware

what are the exact #s for the updated firmware for an Inspire 1 with standard camera
Keep an eye on the DJI downloads page for the most recent, downloads and information. There are different firmwares for different pieces of hardware.

The advice here is not consistent with the upgrade guide 1.4 (attached). Specifically, it advises using the DJI Go app to update the remote controller if you have firmware 1.3.0 or above.

Does it matter which I do first, controller, aircraft, or battery?

Does DJI post anywhere what the firmware update is for? This is scary as hell.

Attachments

• Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4_small.pdf
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 12
As requested by many, MANY of you, here are the proper directions to upgrade your firmware. These directions come directly from a well respected member of the DJI community as well as our little slice here on the forum.

"It's a very simple process. You want to load the bin file on the root of the sd card ( x:\filename.bin). I advise to ONLY power the craft and let the upgrade process start, once done you will hear a change of the beeps. The completion tone is DA (pause)... DA, DA. Once the craft is updated power down and do the TX. I use a freshly formatted USB thumb drive for the TX. Copy the same bin file to the thumb drive (x:\filename.bin). The upgrade should start after about 30sec. Once complete the TX light will turn from blue to green, upgrade complete.

I advise users to keep the bin file on the card. This allows all batteries inserted to be upgraded IF required."

Thanks Blade.

I have the I1 PRO. Picked up a ZENMUSE X3 off Ebay for experimentation purposes. The camera connects and Ipad displays image but no camera control. Is there a FW upgrade for the X3 I need to do first? After I upgrade FW will the X5 connect ok?

I hope someone else here can help you. I still use my original inspire with the original camera. I've upgraded firmware like 3 times.

As requested by many, MANY of you, here are the proper directions to upgrade your firmware. These directions come directly from a well respected member of the DJI community as well as our little slice here on the forum.

"It's a very simple process. You want to load the bin file on the root of the sd card ( x:\filename.bin). I advise to ONLY power the craft and let the upgrade process start, once done you will hear a change of the beeps. The completion tone is DA (pause)... DA, DA. Once the craft is updated power down and do the TX. I use a freshly formatted USB thumb drive for the TX. Copy the same bin file to the thumb drive (x:\filename.bin). The upgrade should start after about 30sec. Once complete the TX light will turn from blue to green, upgrade complete.

I advise users to keep the bin file on the card. This allows all batteries inserted to be upgraded IF required."

Thanks Blade.

How do you know if the TX is up to date? See, I bought an Inspire 1 Pro used and I put in a new thumb drive with the .bin file and nothing happened. I mean it turned like normal and that was it.
Thx

You should be able to look on iPad what firmware is on each item (bird, battery, tx, cam).

Same old story, updated to Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.11.1.50, now can't get an image transmission signal using X5. My X3 works fine.
Aircraft Firmware v1.11.1.50
RC- 1.7.80

Any suggestions?
Luis,

I seem to recall that you had to go through the song and dance for the X3 and then repeat the process for the X5 but don't quote me on that. I only had to get my X3 working and that was it for me. I will refer you to the following thread where I got all the steps I used to make things work (the first time through). Donnie knows his stuff and maybe you can find the answers you need here. If not, ask Donnie.

Tips: Loading NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO

Regards
Randal Martin

I have an Inspire 1 with an X5 camera. The controller, aircraft, batteries, and camera need to be separately upgraded. The controller needs to upgrade first. My observation was that it might be possible to quit the upgrade prematurely, before the camera upgraded. You can check the upgrade status in the DJI Go App.

Can I put the x5s and put it on an inspire 1 v2? And how
Or asked this question on a separate thread here.
As per our forum rules please do not double post.

The X5S will not fit onto an Inspire 1, it is not compatible and uses totally different communication protocols as well as mounting interfaces.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop