Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.3.0.00 Update FAILURE

I believe that those are some of the things that you should know before getting in inspire like I knew not to move my phantom 1.1.1 upon turning it on way back then and I 100% agree that dji does not have the best directions when it comes to their quadcopters but if you have access to the Internet you can watch a plethora a videos and manuals on just about every aspect of any quadcopters out on the market today of what it does how it works what not to do what to do so much so that you should know just about everything there is to know by the time that package arrives at your doorstep
I for one dont have time to watch hours of video to find the pertinent correct info. Its impossible to tell if the guy knows what hes talking about or not, most dont, and most videos are much longer than necessary where they babble about stuff that doesnt matter forever and having no table of contents or order you can skip it cause the moron might actually say something important that you wanted to know at any point in his off topic ranting. There is much good info in videos sometimes dont get me wrong but ive wasted so much time watching so many created by people who havent a clue what they are talking about and explain unnecessary steps to achive the goal so many times that ive gotten so sick of it i rarely watch them anymore unless someone else who knows recommends it as accurate info(you hope, lol). its a crapshoot finding someone who actually knows what hes talking about and often you have to watch a 10 min video to find info you want which only takes 30 seconds of screen time.

Id much rather read from a reliable source, much much quicker and you know the info is correct. Look at this forum for example, tons of misinformation such as people saying compass calibration is needed before every flight and your cell phone cell signal will cause signal interference for flying to name a couple. Im sure ive been guilty of spreading some myself as sometimes you think the source is reliable so you share what you THINK you know, but sometimes the source is wrong and misinformation spreads like wildfire as people try to help each other, unknowingly spreading incorrect info.

Fact is many beginners are buying these things as they advertise them as super easy to fly, any and all pertinent directions and warnings for safe usage should be in the official owners manual. I peruse forums and occasionally watch videos for fixes to common issues and possible tips and tricks or mods and whatnot, but it shouldnt be a requirement to know how to operate your new equipment. Owners manual needs to tell you the important technical things like not moving it during power on, and it doesnt, i read the whole thing. Lucky for me i learned this the hard way with my phantom which can crash without damage other than props, but if you crash an inspire you got a nearly guaranteed $1000 repair bill and 2 month wait.

And also you have to remember that people usually tend not to tell you 100 percent of the whole story all they say is my firmware didn't update correctly I did everything right but what they don't tell you is that they moved it to the other side of the room or they shut it off for a minute cuz they had to go to the bathroom or they pulled the SD card out because the beeping was done and then put it back in there's always a bunch of other variables in my experience at least. I had a friend call me up just bought a brand new phantom 3 told me his handsome just fell out of the sky! So I go through the routine with him you know compass calibration, batteries charged, IMU calibration, excetera excetera so I finally I tell him to bring the quadcopter to my house when he gets to my house I noticed that one of his props were broken and I noticed that there's some crazy glue on the end of the break so I ask him hey did you glue this prop he says yes I broke last night so I just glued it back together. So I told him that's why his now $1200 quadcopter is now ruined because he glued back a $20 propeller but over the phone you never told me that that was the reason why I have dropped out of the sky people never really tell you the whole story maybe a fear of feeling stupid or maybe they just forget
yea this is very true as well. there are often important variable they forget to mention cause they dont realize they are important.

he glued a broken end of a prop back on? lol, that takes skills, not much to work with there. I wouldve used duct tape! J/K

anyone have a solution for gimbal motor overload? Camera pans and tilts but motor seems to be stuck in the on position.
I searched the forums and did no see much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter