Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FLIR/Thermal on I2?

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm interested if anyone knows if DJI or anyone else is planning on a thermal or FLIR camera for the Inspire 2. I'll be flying for a group that I know will be interested if one hits the market.

Reactions: MobileAndMonitoring
I am also interested. But have not heard of anything on the market yet.

I am told that the gimbal mount on the XT fits the Inspire 2, and that it is a software thing. There may be changes afoot, however, since the XT shows in the DJI store, but the Buy Now link is disabled, and the FLIR website no longer lists the XT separately. FLIR seems to be promoting the VuePro camera with HDMI output to get real time video and its own app to set parameters before takeoff. Check out the FAQ FLIR Vue FAQ | FLIR Systems and the VuePro page FLIR Vue™ Pro Thermal Camera for sUAS | FLIR Systems

I am told that the gimbal mount on the XT fits the Inspire 2, and that it is a software thing. There may be changes afoot, however, since the XT shows in the DJI store, but the Buy Now link is disabled, and the FLIR website no longer lists the XT separately. FLIR seems to be promoting the VuePro camera with HDMI output to get real time video and its own app to set parameters before takeoff. Check out the FAQ FLIR Vue FAQ | FLIR Systems and the VuePro page FLIR Vue™ Pro Thermal Camera for sUAS | FLIR Systems

Thank you so much for this!

The gimbal mount on the XT does not fit the i2. I have the i2 and xt and they are very different looking mounts. it would be awesome if an adapter was made.

Reactions: Ftolino
The gimbal mount on the XT does not fit the i2. I have the i2 and xt and they are very different looking mounts. it would be awesome if an adapter was made.
I agree. That's what I'm hoping will happen is an adapter will be produced. I'm in the middle of starting my aerial photography business and the only thing keeping me from buying the I2 straight out is I have so many Inspire 1 parts and batteries laying around, and the lack of camera choice thus far.

From what I read, the "brains" of the camera are on board the I2, where as the I1 was all in the camera, so even if you were able to mount it would be incompatible.

Im sure someone else can explain it better than "brains". I'm sure DJI is working on an XT I2 camera, or at least I really, really, hope so.

Thanks for the heads up. That's a show stopper for what I need it for
Yep - same here - I'm looking at mapping such as solar farm which can overlay a standard mapping survey - and all of the 3rd party ones are very good for stop measurement, but not for mapping as there is no geographic data.

We ended up making our own, which uses a TAU2 640, 2nd autopilot, and separate GPS measurement which can be added to create the location data.

Reactions: Geoemphasis
I agree. That's what I'm hoping will happen is an adapter will be produced. I'm in the middle of starting my aerial photography business and the only thing keeping me from buying the I2 straight out is I have so many Inspire 1 parts and batteries laying around, and the lack of camera choice thus far.
There is an adapter showed in a video of the New Matrice... It clearly shows an XT cam with the new x5s side by side... It also shows them putting an adapter on!!!! We can only hope, wait and see what happens with our fingers crossed...Also hoping the new batteries are comparable.

There is an adapter showed in a video of the New Matrice... It clearly shows an XT cam with the new x5s side by side... It also shows them putting an adapter on!!!! We can only hope, wait and see what happens with our fingers crossed...Also hoping the new batteries are comparable.

1:18 they show the new adapter.

The group is correct, as delivered we don't have GPS data in the jpeg. I'm using the data from the digital image and synching with the time stamp so my reporting is accurate.

But I recognize that it's not the perfect solution. I'll ask about what it will take to include the GPS data - we've already got the camera opened up, and GPS modules are pretty cheap.

The group is correct, as delivered we don't have GPS data in the jpeg. I'm using the data from the digital image and synching with the time stamp so my reporting is accurate.

But I recognize that it's not the perfect solution. I'll ask about what it will take to include the GPS data - we've already got the camera opened up, and GPS modules are pretty cheap.
You want to look at integrating a Drotag + which takes GPS output from the flight controller and imports the XY and Z directly into compatible cameras JPG EXIF info so no log files needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44