Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying despite mid-air "collision"

Reaction score
I will post the photo in a few hours (and hopefully some video). Yesterday I took the Phantom 2V+ and the Inspire 1 up together. I put the Inspire 1 in hover mode and was using the Phantom to take video from different angles. During my maneuvering, the Phantom drifted and "bumped" the Inspire1. The Inspire stayed stable in the air, but I noticed a small black piece of plastic flutter to the ground. I was about 10 meters from the ground during all of this. I landed the Phantom and then the Inspire. The Phantom had no issues but about 2 inches of each blade of one propeller of the Inspire had broken off. My point is that the Inspire held itself very steady despite one propeller having both blades lose about 2 inches of each tip. I might have been lucky that about the same amount of each tip was knocked off. But I am very pleased how stable it was despite my accident.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterofAVL
This I1 had absolutely no problem hovering. The hover was stable after the collision. It was not until I powered down that I found the damage to the propeller.

This is great to see. Even if that corner of quad had some weird lift the rest of the quad does such a great job at correcting you wouldn't even notice. Glad it worked out.

VIDEO??

See video:

At 1:30 seconds, there is a flash of the P2V+ hitting the Inspire 1. You will see how steady the video and flight is until landing.

It's clearly obvious that the Phantom has some serious aggression issues. Unprovoked attacks are simply unacceptable. As much as it may hurt and as hard as it may be to hear, you will have to have the Phantom put down. :( That's all there is to it.

Reactions: BaldEagle
It's clearly obvious that the Phantom has some serious aggression issues. Unprovoked attacks are simply unacceptable. As much as it may hurt and as hard as it may be to hear, you will have to have the Phantom put down. :( That's all there is to it.

:)
That's funny right there!
Awesome video though! So glad your I1 made it through that!

Reactions: BaldEagle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters