Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying Inspire 2 inside a hockey arena!

Reaction score
Anyone know the best settings to fly inside a hockey arena both above the ice and near the rafters?
Should the bottom sensors be turned off and fly, obviously, with GPS turned off?
Do the FAA or TC have any jurisdiction indoors in such a venue? Thanks

I would think it’s similar to how you might test experimental aircraft in a controlled environments, should be fine. It’s private airspace if you have a structure encapsulating it?

Anyone know the best settings to fly inside a hockey arena both above the ice and near the rafters?
Should the bottom sensors be turned off and fly, obviously, with GPS turned off?
Are you not in Australia?
What's the FAA got to do with it?

If you look at the TC's SFOC staff instruction documents they regulate indoor flight if it is a public venue. If it is a closed set with everyone involved and safety briefed then then no.

Last edited:

I know this isn't the point, but flying over all those people with all those invisible obstacles like wire and cables, etc., I would fly something MUCH lighter like a Mavic Pro. Yes, you'll take a hit cinematically, but there's no way I'd feel safe flying an I2 right over that many people - especially considering the dubious flight record of those beasts. And I consider myself to be a pretty **** good pilot.

I know if *I* had to go to court, I would definitely want to show the judge a Mavic Pro and NOT an Inspire 2. THAT's for sure.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: slim.slamma
I know this isn't the point, but flying over all those people with all those invisible obstacles like wire and cables, etc., I would fly something MUCH lighter like a Mavic Pro. Yes, you'll take a hit cinematically, but there's no way I'd feel safe flying an I2 right over that many people - especially considering the dubious flight record of those beasts. And I consider myself to be a pretty **** good pilot.

I know if *I* had to go to court, I would definitely want to show the judge a Mavic Pro and NOT an Inspire 2. THAT's for sure.

Just my 2 cents.

Agree with this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game