Freefly Astro: FINALLY a Competitor to the Inspire!

$20K ?? Watch the company disappear soon...Trying to compete with DJI by overpricing your stuff is not a winning strategy.

$20K ?? They are nuts. Watch the company disappear soon...
Freefly definitely knows what they’re doing and how to price stuff. They sell plenty of MUCH more expensive equipment. $20k would be painful, but it’ll be literally the only competitor to a maxed out I2 so I think they can get away with pricing it roughly the same as a high end I2.

I dunno sounds like they are trying to compete more with a Matrice RTK rather than an Inspire. I’m all for another competitor to the industry and I imagine government will be all over a American made alternative but the M300 is pretty dope.

Reactions: atmosphericarts
I dunno sounds like they are trying to compete more with a Matrice RTK rather than an Inspire. I’m all for another competitor to the industry and I imagine government will be all over a American made alternative but the M300 is pretty dope.

Ya after seeing the expensive RTK module in the IG video it is starting to look that way, although it sounds like it has that nice gimbal/drone integration that we love in DJI products (both Matrice and Inspire). I'd love to see them release a cinema-optimized version with a Komodo. The just-enough level of integration and quality of life improvements that I think Freefly is great at would be amazing in a platform of that size and weight.