Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fresh Water Damaged Inspire

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
So it had to happen eventually... If you look at the videos I've posted over the year, a fair number of them were flow over water with no issues.

Till last week that is.

The AC went down from approximately 2 ft, on the shore of a freshwater pond. I knicked a branch and the AC rolled into about 1 foot of water covering half the bird. Immediately whisked it out and removed the battery. After a few days drying in the furnace room, the bird wakes-up, connects to the TX and transmits video. It still transforms in and out of travel mode but will not unlock the props. My guess is the ESC's bit the bullet.

No physical damage from the landing, even the camera works perfectly and shoots like new (flown it since from my second unit)

I'm selling the AC only without the camera (I'll use it as a dedicated Osmo camera and spare for my other bird). Will include the case, the battery that went in (it charges and provides power to the second bird though I will not fly it myself). Also will throw in a charger.

So, a great parts bird and case, who wants it before I post it to Ebay? Not interested in parting this out Saw a water damaged inspire sell on eBay almost instantly for 362 pounds or about 530 USD (no battery, no charger). I will sell for 500 plus shipping. Any takers?

Remote will go for 300 plus shipping or will add it to the package if you buy them both (obviously you will save on the second shipping cost).

PM please if interested. Will post pics and video of the unit in action to confirm my description.

Reactions: Augermeister
hey post some images i'm pretty interesting about your inspire 1 please thank you.

Hi there and thanks for the immediate responses and interest.

So got home and pulled the Inspire out of the furnace room to shoot a few stills/video. Set it up, powered on and viola! It now seems to be fully functional... Apparently needed another day to fully dry out.

Freshwater apparently isn't the end of your aircraft. Or... I got it out fast enough to avoid saturating the electronics.

Going to be checking mod values, and inspecting very closely then, test flying for a while to see if there is anything out of whack but, at first glance, everything now seems ship shape.

SO I will hold off selling this for parts right now

Happy Start to a Happy New Year.

Best to all DJI Pilots!

Jon

Last edited:
Bit of advice, next time try soaking your bird asap with WD-40! I've seen aircraft instruments immersed in it after water landing re-certified for flight use. WD-40 stands for water displacement,The 40th formula. Putting it a warm room prolly saved it! It just takes several days, maybe even 10-15 days. Most people just give up on water immersed electronics. Trick is getting the water out before the circuit boards swell, the WD-40 won't hurt it. even a cell screen will come back if its not immersed very long.

Reactions: jon b
Bit of advice, next time try soaking your bird asap with WD-40! I've seen aircraft instruments immersed in it after water landing re-certified for flight use. WD-40 stands for water displacement,The 40th formula. Putting it a warm room prolly saved it! It just takes several days, maybe even 10-15 days. Most people just give up on water immersed electronics. Trick is getting the water out before the circuit boards swell, the WD-40 won't hurt it. even a cell screen will come back if its not immersed very long.

WD 40 is exactly that but is also basically fish oil, I'd keep it away from the camera and lens. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop