Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

General questions re: Matrice 200

Reaction score
The company I work for bought a Matrice 200 a while ago. It has never been flown or registered.

1. Does DJI offer a "refresh" program for this bird like they do for the Mavic Air, etc. ?
2. Will the controller interface with an Android os or does it have to be an Apple ?
3. What is the best tablet/phone to use with the controller ?

Sorry for the questions but I have been designated to be the pilot in command to fly this.

Thanks in advance for replies and any other tips or suggestions

The company I work for bought a Matrice 200 a while ago. It has never been flown or registered.

1. Does DJI offer a "refresh" program for this bird like they do for the Mavic Air, etc. ?
2. Will the controller interface with an Android os or does it have to be an Apple ?
3. What is the best tablet/phone to use with the controller ?

Sorry for the questions but I have been designated to be the pilot in command to fly this.

Thanks in advance for replies and any other tips or suggestions
1. I do not believe so
2. Either operating system is fine
3. There are a multitude of threads covering this subject already ( find using the search function), but basically, any of the modern iPads (eg iPad Mini v5) running up to date iOS will work flawlessly.

Of more concern would be whether you are operating legally or not. You do not say what country you are in but in most countries a company cannot and should not just allow someone to operate a UAV without the requisite training, flight assessment and insurances in place.

1. I do not believe so
2. Either operating system is fine
3. There are a multitude of threads covering this subject already ( find using the search function), but basically, any of the modern iPads (eg iPad Mini v5) running up to date iOS will work flawlessly.

Of more concern would be whether you are operating legally or not. You do not say what country you are in but in most countries a company cannot and should not just allow someone to operate a UAV without the requisite training, flight assessment and insurances in place.
Thank you for your response.

The reason I was designated to fly is that I am Part 107 certified (USA). I have experience with a Mavic Air but the 200 is a BIG step up.
I am familiar with LAANC and Airmap. The majority of the flying will be in class G

Discussed insurance this morning with the company.

The drone is set up for agriculture and speaking with that company rep I now know I need to have iOS. Mostly likely a mini 4, maybe a 5. They say all aspects of their app works best with iOS. Don't need to handicap myself from the start o_O

Again thanks for your prompt reply.

Another 200 question for persons that fly it. Where I will be flying the 200 wind is a pretty common occurrence .What is the maximum wind that you feel comfortable flying in ? Printed statistics can never replace actual hands on use.

As always thank in advance for replies

I was advised not to hesitate to ask questions so here I go again. On the controller for the 200 there is a switch lever on the right side of the RTH button. I went through the manual and tried YouTube but I am missing what the function of this switch is - does it just turn the RTH feature on and off

This is about all I have found in the manual
Controller_Screenshot_1.jpg
Controller_Screenshot_2.jpg
Controller_Screenshot_3.jpg

What firmware/software are you using to fly the 200. I am looking for just software for basic flying. I have sentera software but I want to be able to fly the 200 to learn it before doing field plotting, etc

What firmware/software are you using to fly the 200. I am looking for just software for basic flying. I have sentera software but I want to be able to fly the 200 to learn it before doing field plotting, etc
I hope you're doing fine learning to fly this amazing beast (assuming she's still alive LOL) ... I've missed OP somehow, but if you have any doubts as for now, don't hesitate to ask. I will try to help ...

I hope you're doing fine learning to fly this amazing beast (assuming she's still alive LOL) ... I've missed OP somehow, but if you have any doubts as for now, don't hesitate to ask. I will try to help ...
Thanks
I was away for a week or so and now the weather has us shut down so I have had limited flying experience with the 200. Once the weather and work allows I will be getting more "stick" time with it.

I was advised not to hesitate to ask questions so here I go again. On the controller for the 200 there is a switch lever on the right side of the RTH button. I went through the manual and tried YouTube but I am missing what the function of this switch is - does it just turn the RTH feature on and off

This is about all I have found in the manual
View attachment 26852
View attachment 26853
View attachment 26854
The controller is also used for the Inspire 2. The lever is used to manually puts the Inspire in landing mode. It is not used for the M200.

Reactions: Mavic Mac
Another 200 question for persons that fly it. Where I will be flying the 200 wind is a pretty common occurrence .What is the maximum wind that you feel comfortable flying in ? Printed statistics can never replace actual hands on use.

I would be comfortable in 20 MPH gust. Check out this video!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop