Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Getting a Drone Airspace Authorization in 60 seconds using LAANC

Reaction score
Website
www.portlandprodrones.com
This is an article I wrote for Photofocus.com. I hope this is helpful.

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 9.24.52 AM.png
As an FAA Certified Part 107 pilot, if the area you want to fly in is within five miles of an airport, and that airport airspace is controlled airspace, then you will need to get an Airspace Authorization to fly there. In the past, this has required submitting a request through the FAA portal and could take from 30 to 90 days or even longer. Now, If you are lucky enough to live in an area that has the new LAANC (Low Altitude Airspace Notification Capability) system active, you can often get authorization in 30-60 seconds once you submit the request. You can find out more about whether LAANC is active in your area here.

You'll find the full article here:
Getting a Drone Airspace Authorization in 60 seconds using LAANC | Photofocus

This is an article I wrote for Photofocus.com. I hope this is helpful.

View attachment 23875
As an FAA Certified Part 107 pilot, if the area you want to fly in is within five miles of an airport, and that airport airspace is controlled airspace, then you will need to get an Airspace Authorization to fly there. In the past, this has required submitting a request through the FAA portal and could take from 30 to 90 days or even longer. Now, If you are lucky enough to live in an area that has the new LAANC (Low Altitude Airspace Notification Capability) system active, you can often get authorization in 30-60 seconds once you submit the request. You can find out more about whether LAANC is active in your area here.

You'll find the full article here:
Getting a Drone Airspace Authorization in 60 seconds using LAANC | Photofocus
That sure helps me a LOT! Thanks.

Reactions: CP Anson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg