Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Disconnected

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having an issue where it says gimbal is disconnected and doesn't show video on the app.
I have tried:

Restarting the app.
Restarting the remote/drone
Disconnecting and cleaning the pins on the gimbal
Changing lenses
I have the latest firmware.

It's interesting because it lets me calibrate the gimbal and I can tilt with it on the remote....

Any suggestions?

So starting at the beginning, this may mean that the board on your camera is not making good contact. Make a small shim out of a matchbook and put it underneath the board to raise the level a bit. You may find this will resolve your problem It has worked several times for me on different inspires. I learned it after getting a camera sent back to me from DJI repair. The only thing that was done was a small shim was inserted, but it fixed my drone.

Hope this helps you,
Dan
Thynkdrones

We had an Inspire 2 with X4s camera that nearly always gave us that message every time we powered up. Sometimes it would last 15 seconds, sometimes 15 minutes. No amount if cajoling or anything would make a difference. Trust me, we got advice from everyone and tried nearly everything, but nit the matchbook repair, (except sending it back to DJI (against my suggestion to do so)). When flying a flight with multiple batteries we would hotswap batteries to avoid powering down and doing the waiting dance again.
Then one day a flight with obstacle avoidance turned off (automated flight) found its way into an unprovoked attack on a tree. End of that Inspire 2. (Thankfully).
The replacement Inspire 2 and X4s has never once had that issue. We tried the first X4s camera which survived the crash, and have not seen that message. Therefore, I believe it is a problem with the aircraft. If it were my Inspire 2, I would ask DJI to sort it out.

Reactions: Mimi
We had an Inspire 2 with X4s camera that nearly always gave us that message every time we powered up. Sometimes it would last 15 seconds, sometimes 15 minutes. No amount if cajoling or anything would make a difference. Trust me, we got advice from everyone and tried nearly everything, but nit the matchbook repair, (except sending it back to DJI (against my suggestion to do so)). When flying a flight with multiple batteries we would hotswap batteries to avoid powering down and doing the waiting dance again.
Then one day a flight with obstacle avoidance turned off (automated flight) found its way into an unprovoked attack on a tree. End of that Inspire 2. (Thankfully).
The replacement Inspire 2 and X4s has never once had that issue. We tried the first X4s camera which survived the crash, and have not seen that message. Therefore, I believe it is a problem with the aircraft. If it were my Inspire 2, I would ask DJI to sort it out.
The OP is talking about an Inspire 1 - That’s why it is in this section.

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share my experience for anyone else who is having this issue. I stored my Inspire 1 in a large sealed Pelican case. My wife and I had twins and I started a new job. I just left it where it was with the X3 gimbal attached. It was sealed from moisture so I didn't think anything of it. After 3 years passed I got some drone work and pulled everything out and got it charged up. First flight the gear froze in the "up" position. As I found out its pretty common for the drive gear on the servo motor to spin on the shaft. I didn't have any choice but to land it on the gimbal. At least not without risking a lot of blood loss. After that I tore it down, fixed the servo gear and took her back out. The gear repair worked great, but now I had intermittent "gimbal disconnected" notices and lost video. After taking it all back apart to see if I had broken anything I thought maybe I messed up the ribbon cables. So I replaced them with new ones. Still couldn't get it to see the camera or gimbal. After reading this thread and the cardboard trick I took a look at the pins on the gimbal mount- they were a bit uneven. So I gently took my fingernail and pulled them "up" away from the board. To my great satisfaction it solved my problem!

So- in short #1- DO NOT store it without the gimbal attached. #2- check your contact pins and make sure they are not sprung like mine were.

Thanks to the community for posting their experiences. Saved me a lot of heartache!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44