Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal + gimbal mode issues

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
The last (2) days I've been having issues with the gimbal on my Inspire 2. First it is changing from follow to free mode constantly & I've had to reset the gimbal various times during flying.
Another issue, is the gimbal is moving on its own to reach max yaw.
Lastly, one time when I reset the gimbal...did not go to 0 degrees, but to 30 degrees.

Has anyone experienced any of these issues? Thank you for your time.

Hello everyone,
The last (2) days I've been having issues with the gimbal on my Inspire 2. First it is changing from follow to free mode constantly & I've had to reset the gimbal various times during flying.
Another issue, is the gimbal is moving on its own to reach max yaw.
Lastly, one time when I reset the gimbal...did not go to 0 degrees, but to 30 degrees.

Has anyone experienced any of these issues? Thank you for your time.
In order to avoid a litany of "Did you try this, that and the other thing??" suggestions, you should list the troubleshooting methods have tried already.

D

In order to avoid a litany of "Did you try this, that and the other thing??" suggestions, you should list the troubleshooting methods have tried already.

D
Yes, for sure. I don't know what to try really. I contacted DJI support, but they weren't of much help. All I could do during the flight was to reset the gimbal a few times.

Yes, for sure. I don't know what to try really. I contacted DJI support, but they weren't of much help. All I could do during the flight was to reset the gimbal a few times.
So in your heart of hearts and mind of minds, checking the contacts is something that doesn't even occur to you??? Cleaning the contacts doesn't occur to you??? Switching to a different camera??? Testing gimbal movement without flying??? Leaving the drone powered up on a table without flying it to see if camera state changes? Figuring out exactly which actions, if any, cause the state change???

None of this occurs to you???? "Troubleshooting" is at least 20% of drone flying. With all due respect, you may be in the wrong business.

D

Cmon Donny give him a break. You did however offer some very good troubleshooting tips.

Thank you AAP for your supportive comment. Obviously, there was "intel" that was wanted to be given, but in a way that was on blast to be rude to me in a public forum that is created for help. // I hope for Donnie he had whatever satisfaction he needed for the day to try and humiliate me, I guess? And not be supportive. // Side note: DJI wrote that the actions of the drone were abnormal.

Thank you AAP for your supportive comment. Obviously, there was "intel" that was wanted to be given, but in a way that was on blast to be rude to me in a public forum that is created for help. // I hope for Donnie he had whatever satisfaction he needed for the day to try and humiliate me, I guess? And not be supportive. // Side note: DJI wrote that the actions of the drone were abnormal.
Forgive me if I seem harsh. But there is good reason.

My top pet peeve of all pet peeves is if I offer troubleshooting suggestions and the OP replies with, "Oh....I already tried all that." Well then...why the heck didn't you tell everybody what you tried BEFORE you wasted our time giving suggestions you've already tried??? I have run into that wall so many times that, yes, I'm now jaded. When I list a problem, I don't just list the problem. I list everything I tried to solve that problem. This prevents forum members from wasting their time with redundant suggestions. The forum should be one's LAST course of action, not their first. The FIRST course is to search the Internet and search the forum. Again, I can't tell you how many times people have posed questions here that were answered a half dozen times throughout the forum (ad nauseum).

But I didn't invent all this....

I was new to forums once, too. I started in 1991 with UseNets and eventually moved forward to web-based forums. So I've been doing this a while. And I've had my hand slapped a couple times for doing exactly what you did. But unlike you, I AGREED with them and was embarrassed at my behavior that I didn't think to search FIRST, then ask the experts LATER.

So you can take my communication one of two ways; It can either be a learning experience that has taught you to search the Internet first, then search the forum, then try things on your own, list everything you tried, THEN pose your question. OR....you can take away that Donnie Frank is a mean jerk and learn nothing from the experience.

As always, best of luck. Nothing personal.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84