Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Startup Issues.

Reaction score
Hi!
I have very recently bought an Inspire 1 v2.0 with a Zenmuse X3 gimbal and a Zenmuse XT thermal camera.
The drone flies without a problem, but any camera I attach to it seems to move erraticaly on startup, and does not respond to any movement or calibration command I send to any of them. I had already calibrated IMU and compass properly. Also checked every connection between the drone and the camera dock, everything seems fine. DJIGo app only shows "gimbal motor overloaded" error.
Of course, every FW is updated to the last available.
I´m linking two videos so you can see it for yourselves!

Any idea will be more than appreciated! DJI just told me to send it back to USA, but living in Argentina makes it really difficult to do so.

Thanks to you all!

The problem is, living in Argentina makes it really difficult and expensive. So I´m still looking for anything I can do to repair it myself. Thank you, anyway!

For a gimbal calibration on startup thats definitely got an issue, is the gimbal set to move slowly in settings? Maybe remove the motor covers on the gimbal arm and check to see that the ribbon cables are plugged in all the way. Clean contacts on both gimbal and bird? though I'm pretty sure you have done these anyway..

Had checked connections in the drone, but not the gimbal itself, since I really do not know how to remove the motor covers.
Maybe you have a tutorial or something like that?

I've done it on the X3 camera only, the others may be different. At the "elbow" of the gimbal the motor cover is held on by two very small screws, with a proper size Phillips head screwdriver remove them and the cover comes off. Very gently check to see if the ribbon cable is plugged in all the way, then replace the motor cover making sure it is flush with the outer surface before screwing it down. Obviously these are very tiny components and screws that can get lost easily, so do it over a well lit work area

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop