Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Going to China... Advice?

Im a resident of China and a UK citizen i travel frequently back and forth there.

Things you need to know.

1) The Chinese government has mandated that all drones must be registered with the "internal security and affairs bureau" if you are found flying without the certificate they it will be immediate confiscation. The process is simple just take the drone and your passport and within minutes your good to go. The department tends to be at the visa office that locals have to go to get passport and exit certificates. Price is $5 when i did mine in April.

2) this has been announced on all TV channels and the local police have been active checking. This has resulted from recent issues of operators not following the drone code and some airports having to shut down because of there infringements.

3) I have an inspire 2 and Mavic Pro each with 3 sets batts. I have never had any issues other than taking a photo of the batt capacity and show the customs if required the ones on both the capacity size is in very small print.

4) I have been stopped a few times when loading in the hold the Inspire 2 as the R/C shows up on the scanners and I then have to open the case so they can see i can't take the battery out. I have since always carried them in my onboard case.

5) when you arrive in china you need to get in to the DJI GO application and select the option in "general settings" to use Map coordinates for main land china. If you don't the displays can be anywhere between 25 and 500 meters wrong. Before any real flights do a test flight to ensure the RTH is working as expected

6) you need to look at the NFZ on the maps as in china these are not circles and the shape can be multi sided.

7) as mentioned elsewhere the locals are very curious so be aware as they can get in the way of a landing putting them at risk.

8) places like the forbidden city in Beijing have notices saying its a NFZ and are in the data base, check before you go.

9) there are over 1 billion Chinese and finding a safe take off point can be difficult.

Dr. Jon
Thank you for sharing your knowledge! Based on your information provided above and my comfort I opted to not bring a drone with me as I didn’t feel as prepared as I wanted to be. Considering this was just for a vacation i didn’t want to take any chances. But thank you for taking the time to provide this information. Next time I come out here I will be better prepared and more confident.

Btw in have not seen a single person with a drone anywhere here yet... I though there would be more of them around. At least one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondZogue