Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Got Inspire 1 X3 to work with Osmo but...

Reaction score
I was able to convince someone to sell me just an Osmo handle to use with my Inspire 1 X3 camera. DJI assured me it would work and sure enough, with the new firmware, it did. I'm loving this thing so far. Skateboarding with it has been awesome. However, as some have mentioned, you aren't able to lock the ring all the way. I didn't think this was a big deal at first but my camera almost fell off after walking around with it for about an hour. Its definitely not secure enough to be mounted on bike handle bars or anything. I really think DJI needs to release some sort of different mount for the Inspire X3 cameras because its definitely not safe as it is. Heres some poorly compressed sample footage.

What? The Inspire x3 doesn't lock onto the osmo handle? I have a handle on backorder with the bike mount and intended to use it as a dash mounted camera on my UTV. If it can't be locked down its going to be worthless to me. Is there any way one can get more security out of it by using a zip tie to secure it?

What? The Inspire x3 doesn't lock onto the osmo handle? I have a handle on backorder with the bike mount and intended to use it as a dash mounted camera on my UTV. If it can't be locked down its going to be worthless to me. Is there any way one can get more security out of it by using a zip tie to secure it?

Yeah the locking mechanism only makes it 3/4 of the way to the locking position. Definitely not secure enough to go biking with. This is the prop locks all over again. They need to come out with a solution that will really lock it down instead of just barely keeping it on.

The X3 Inspire camera that I have fully locks on the Osmo handle. No issues at all and it doesn't feel overly tight when turning.

Reactions: Kilrah
On mine, you need to turn it around 180º so the white lines are on opposite sides. Locks down just fine then. A bit odd, but seems to work.

Same here, mounts properly. Make sure you don't have the rubber ring folded or whatever that prevents you from tightening correctly.

This is how far my locking mechanism is able to turn. Even the dealer that I bought the handle from said this is the extent to which it will turn. Also, when it doesn't click into place or anything. It just turns until it can't anymore. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• IMG_3890.JPG
    IMG_3890.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
This is how far my locking mechanism is able to turn. Even the dealer that I bought the handle from said this is the extent to which it will turn. Also, when it doesn't click into place or anything. It just turns until it can't anymore. Am I missing something?

Yeah, that turns all of the way to the lock position on mine with both of my X3's.

Is yours a handle only kit or have you taken a handle from a full kit and out the inspire x3 on it? My dealer sold me a handle from a kit where the camera wasn't working. I wonder if they are different? Mine definitely won't turn to full lock.

Mine goes a tad harder at the end with the X3 than with the Osmo cam but locks fully.

The locking mechanism is not a particularly robust design. I'm guessing that there might be some debris or extra sealant underneath the plate with the pins that is being held in place by the four screws. If this plate is being pushed up higher than it is supposed to be, it would keep the cylindrical lock from being able to turn all of the way when the gimbal is in place.

I have the very same issue with the inspire X3 not being able to fully lock. Since I was not sure about the position of the connectors I have hesitated to power it up. Are there different versions of the X3? Mine is fairly early I believe, shipped Jan 2015.

+1 on the not locking mechanism. works fine but i agree- doesn't look stable.....does someone at the design board really say ..."Ahh f*ck it...close enough...so it doesn't lock all the way"

Mine locks just fine, however it needs to go with the line facing forward and not toward me like in the Inspire One. I have the regular Osmo with X3 camera but my X3 from Inspire works just fine.

My I1 X3 camera rotate locks completely also, But does not even connect with my camera. The Handle turns on but no reading of the camera. Ive tired updating the firmware thru the I1 and then connected to the Handheld. No Luck...

When I connect it back to the I1 the picture is still flip the right way....

Also does the new update firmware for the I1 have the handheld firmware for the x3 camera to work with the Handheld kit or do you have to download the firmware for the handheld and then update it thru the I1 with the x3 camera?

Any advice ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop