Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPS Drop off every flight

We both are having positive experiences. Stay tuned and it will be available. Likely after Chinese New Year.

As I read this post and many others, I am extremely grateful that this forum exists.

I have done my share of venting on various problems, but having issues we all may or may not be experiencing addressed by folks with a wide variety of experience is so helpful.

So much of this stuff really applies to flying safely...making sure we have control of the aircraft...so no one gets hurt or we don't cause an accident.

Knowing that DJI is addressing this GPS lock issue with a new firmware update and that it is actually being tested in the field by contributors on this forum is very reassuring.

The weather is crap here in Columbus, Ohio (football capital of the world). I'm inclined to hold off flying for a while until new firmware is released. I have had none of these issues, but reading this rational discourse about GPS lock is well worth the time.

Thanks,

Did you not understand what ' known issue, will be improved in next firmware' means? That means it WILL be FIXED in the next FIRMWARE. If you **** your pants with fear every time you fly under current conditions then DONT fly until next firmware update. These things take time, you're not as special as your mother said you were and we are all in the same boat.
Jesus

Well that should not be a problem since you're supposed to always have visual contact ;)

Are those craft that did exhibit the problem before, and in the same locations?

Just asking as mine never once dropped out of GPS mode in 3 hours+ of flight in various different places with the current FW... so I wouldn't be able to detect any improvement with it.
One of my craft would do it every flight for the first few minutes and then I wouldn't see it. Other craft would be a hit and miss..

Now I see no gimbal jerk or gps loss on both craft. It's looking very promising.

Reactions: Kilrah
Any ideas when we're likely to see this new firmware? Are we talking days or weeks?
I have no issues flying around the GPS dropouts but they do catch me by surprise from time to time. I find the best thing to do is to just to fly in atti mode 100% of the time. That way there are no unpredictable changes in the craft's behaviour.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla