Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hand Catch Accessory

Interesting but requires 2 hands to capture which would exclude the pilot. He needs one hand to cut the motors. I have practised a single hand capture of the battery pack (ensuring first that the self adaptive landing gear is off).

LOL. where to begin with how bad of an idea this is.

the biggest is why pay 44 dollars when just holding it up with your hand works fine? second, anyone with a hand saw and a home depot could put this together for less then 10 bucks in less then an hour.

next is show of hands who wants the risk of putting these on their inspire? NO THANK YOU, i'll spend 300 dollars on those french parachute's before i put those hand launching contraptions on my inspire. this seems like taking your 200,000 Ferrari to the 10 dollar car wash.

We've just put 2 $2 flat alu profiles going form under the front foot to the rear one on each side. Works wonders.

Reactions: Mazz
LOL. where to begin with how bad of an idea this is.

the biggest is why pay 44 dollars when just holding it up with your hand works fine? second, anyone with a hand saw and a home depot could put this together for less then 10 bucks in less then an hour.

next is show of hands who wants the risk of putting these on their inspire? NO THANK YOU, i'll spend 300 dollars on those french parachute's before i put those hand launching contraptions on my inspire. this seems like taking your 200,000 Ferrari to the 10 dollar car wash.
I assume you are not familiar with Secraft. That is pretty much top of the line when it comes to accessories for the RC hobby world. You will see their parts on machines that cost 10x what the inspire cost. If you are hand sawing and gluing things to your inspire then that is the opposite of what you are talking about.

Interesting but requires 2 hands to capture which would exclude the pilot. He needs one hand to cut the motors. I have practised a single hand capture of the battery pack (ensuring first that the self adaptive landing gear is off).

I always have 2-3 people out when doing large jobs. This seems perfect for catching from a boat or another area where you can not put it down. Grabbing anywhere else is just dangerous. A single person hand catch is extremely unsafe.

Yes because the sonar senses your hand, thinks it's about to hit the ground and triggers gear down. That can be disabled in the settings, which you might want to do if you plan to catch by hand.

So now the gimbal rotation makes sense.You can view this expensive "doesn't make sense" part by FPV.

So how do these effect the use of a DJI case... or GoProfessional?
It looks like the rings clamp on and the handles then screw/clip on and off so it should not effect the case.
So now the gimbal rotation makes sense.You can view this expensive "doesn't make sense" part by FPV.
You do know that the legs go up on our quads right? It is actually a pretty key feature. These handles will be just as visible as the feet on the quad.

Does anyone now somewhere that sells these handles in the UK? I need it for a job in the next few days.

Reactions: racerx43
Does anyone now somewhere that sells these handles in the UK? I need it for a job in the next few days.
It comes with the I1. It's called the battery pack. Switch off VPS and Self Adaptive Landing Gear and it works a treat.

In any case I would recommend cut-proof gloves and a hard hat available from Trade outlets.

Last edited:
And this.......

article-1134222-0345BD54000005DC-996_224x507.jpg

But DO NOT try calibrating the compass whilst wearing the above accessory (IMU calibration is fine)

I got a set but mine looks more solid and no issues flying and same flight time its all carbon fiber. And fits in my landing mode drone crates case no prob.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 89

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry