Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Has anyone traveled to Cabo San Lucas in the last month?

amp

Reaction score
Has anyone traveled to Cabo San Lucas, Baja in the last month? I know Mexico recently released some drone regulations, and I'm interested to see if there has been any sort of enforcement in place yet.

Has anyone been hassled for whatever reason because they brought their Inspire? In particular, getting through airport customs, etc.

Heading down in a week.

Thanks.

Coincidentally, I'll be there the last week of June.. if you happen to figure out anything about bringing it down there, I'd love to hear!

Ok, just got back from Cabo, and no hassles at all. Flew Southwest Airlines, transported the Inspire in a Pelican case as a check-in, and hand carried the batteries. The Inspire arrived in the oversized luggage area, even though it wasn't checked in as oversized.

At customs, they scanned the pelican case with the inspire, and I was asked to open it. The guy looking at it didn't say much except to ask if it was a drone, and how many cameras were on it. After about 10 seconds, that was it. Closed it up and walked out.

So it seems like even with the recently announced regulations, I have a feeling that enforcement is going to be where you fly it, rather than anything that can happen at airport customs. At least, that has been my experience.

11406420_10205276101155432_2615433390225832950_o_zpscusdfr9p.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop