Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HDMI Video Feed in Real Time

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Has anyone tried to use the second controller hooked to a large TV using the HDMI port so people can watch it fly in real time yet? Does it work that way or does it not?

I have used a Atomos Ninja Blade for HDMI display. It works in realtime. The camera operator had a iPad mini and the Blade displays to look at. He was happy.

I connected it to a 24" monitor to see if it would work. Yes it does and has slightly less latency and seems smoother than the feed on my iPad.

When hooking it up this way do you need a tv or just a monitor? What would you suggest as far as size,type and specification to view the best picture. I know you would have to hdmi inputs but not sure about the rest. Also can you change the antenna or add a booster for better gain. Many thanks in advanced for the question!!!

When hooking it up this way do you need a tv or just a monitor? What would you suggest as far as size,type and specification to view the best picture. I know you would have to hdmi inputs but not sure about the rest. Also can you change the antenna or add a booster for better gain. Many thanks in advanced for the question!!!

I hooked it up to a large 50" TV and it was amazing. Now we can have people watch as I'm flying around.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
I use my Atomos Ninja Blade. It is a little expensive for most folks. But I find the flexibility to be great for my purposes.

Do you have a Drone footage that you recorded on your Atomos Ninja Blade that we can see?
I have several Atomos recorder/monitor units for my video work, but I don't really see the point in them for the Inspire. Yes, there is an HDMI port on the controller that gives HD video, but it is more compressed, and more vulnerable to dropped frames, than what gets recorded to the SD card.

Edit: Also, the Atomos Ninja Blade costs $995, and has a 5" screen with a resolution of 1280 x 720. My Nexus 7 cost me $135 from Groupon (currently $150), and has a 7" screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1200.

Last edited:
What I did today was that I bought three extensions and a HDMI to MINI HDMI cable went out in some place with shade brought my 47 inch tv out plugged my iPhone 6 plus to the usb port and the tv to the MINI HDMI and it was great!! I received all the hd video in the tv and I used any feature of the app neade in my phone!!

I have several Atomos recorder/monitor units for my video work, but I don't really see the point in them for the Inspire. Yes, there is an HDMI port on the controller that gives HD video, but it is more compressed, and more vulnerable to dropped frames, than what gets recorded to the SD card.

Edit: Also, the Atomos Ninja Blade costs $995, and has a 5" screen with a resolution of 1280 x 720. My Nexus 7 cost me $135 from Groupon (currently $150), and has a 7" screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1200.

Murph, I like my Blade and while expensive I really like it. Yes there are other monitors but not many other HDMI monitors that record.

What I did today was that I bought three extensions and a HDMI to MINI HDMI cable went out in some place with shade brought my 47 inch tv out plugged my iPhone 6 plus to the usb port and the tv to the MINI HDMI and it was great!! I received all the hd video in the tv and I used any feature of the app neade in my phone!!

so i can connect my ipad mini in the usb and i can conect my tv with mini hdmi and have video at the same time in mi mini ipad and my tv?

Murph, I like my Blade and while expensive I really like it. Yes there are other monitors but not many other HDMI monitors that record.
Maybe it's because I'm old, but I strongly perefer a 7" monitor to a 5" monitor.

And as I stated above, I don't see the point in recording the HDMI output from the RC. First, because I record in 4K, which the HDMI can't do, and second, because the bit rate from the HDMI port is substantially lower than what is recorded on the SD card. If I'm wrong in these assumptions, let me know. But I don't think I am.

And third, I prefer my $150 Nexus 7 because it runs the Pilot app, which a monitor can't do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo