Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Heliengadin or T-Motor?

Plus I used some blue loctite when I installed them originally and that should help too.
And I too want to give a shout out to Florida Drone Supply because they have helped me on numerous occasions with a great many different things. Not just with the propellers but with many other issues with the I2. I will continue to go to them for all my drone issues.

Greetings to all.
yollevo many years in the field of propellers the blades and I have made many propellers and I can tell you that folding propellers for drones are not very good compared with carbon fiber in one piece, I have tried the two most popular , buy the Heliengagen and the T-Motor CF Props
the revalancing dynamically install them in my inspire 2 place instrument to record the vibration and I can tell you that these increased by 25% with the marks, and when the inspire one is starting or stopping the propellers have vibration peaks of 30% more and that disarms the drone uncontrolled electronic instruments loose the motor mounts that are stick.
So the best thing is to use propellers from a single piece of carbon fiber and the lighter the better with fast disconnects I am using the Supreme 1550 CF that Foxtech sells and I have not found anything better

I regards to the folding props over non folding, increased vibration can be due to a variety of reasons. The folding props hub, prop balance, pitch in relation to manouvers ECT. For straight props balance or the mounting system, pitch in relation to manouvers ECT are involved. info is just that anecdotal . To find out the real specks get the data from the manufacturer prior to purchase. Then you can make a more intelegent decision before you lay out more bucks.
My dream is for a variable pitch prop that we control.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I regards to the folding props over non folding, increased vibration can be due to a variety of reasons. The folding props hub, prop balance, pitch in relation to manouvers ECT. For straight props balance or the mounting system, pitch in relation to manouvers ECT are involved. info is just that anecdotal . To find out the real specks get the data from the manufacturer prior to purchase. Then you can make a more intelegent decision before you lay out more bucks.
I too hope that a company comes out with a variable pitch propellers system sometime soon.

I agree with everything that you said and that’s exactly how I did my research prior to purchasing both sets of props.

I have a set of them for backup to the Tmotor winglet propellers that I purchased December 2017 from Florida Drone Supply and I believe the Tmotor version is better than the Coptermax ones. Just my opinion!

I own the first version of Koptermax, the T-motor and now I‘ve just got the 2nd version of Koptermax. T-motor are plastic made with a thin carbon fiber sheet, in fact you can easily bend them and they‘re pretty noisy. The new Koptermax folding propellers for Inspire 2 are 100% Carbon Fiber made, so stiff that you can‘t bend them, so very silent and their look is stunning. You‘ll see you can read soon many positive reviews from other Dji I2 fellows.
All the best!

I have been trying to wade through all the posts regarding these two types of carbon fiber folding props for my I2 and am more confused than ever. Has anyone on here actually tested and or used both and has some "real world" experience with these props? The pricing difference is only about $20.00 so that factor is out the window. It comes down to performance and quality for me and $200.00 + is a lot of money. Any help or constructive opinions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

I have both of them and they both have pros and cons. The Helingaden (Coptermax) are solid carbon fiber whereas the Tmotor folding CF propellers are plastic overlayed with Carbon Fiber. I own the earlier version of the Coptermax so I can’t vouch for this newest version but they sound great and I am looking into them for my Inspire 2 as well. The Coptermax are stiff and rigid whereas the Tmotor are more flexible and I personally think the Tmotor gives me a slightly more amount of flight time. Now remember this is just my opinion.

I‘ve got them here:
Carbon Fiber folding propellers for DJI Inspire 2

But if you’re located in the USA I‘m sure you will get them from FDS as well, since he is a reseller
Yes I just sent FDS an email asking about pricing and shipping information about them. Curious to see what they get back to me with. As I own the earlier version I am interested in seeing if there’s any significant difference between the two.

Re Vibration: While this thread seems to have ended a year ago, I've been flying IN2 for years . Switched to T Motor props now, for more than a year. DJI Experience store in NYC just replaced my landing gear screw, motor assembly. Their view (without any substantial facts) was that the T Motor props create far more up thrust during landing gear retract and deployment than the standard DJI props and those forces put so much stress on the landing gear motor/system and damaged my entire landing gear system to the tune of replacement at $450.00.

Re Vibration: While this thread seems to have ended a year ago, I've been flying IN2 for years . Switched to T Motor props now, for more than a year. DJI Experience store in NYC just replaced my landing gear screw, motor assembly. Their view (without any substantial facts) was that the T Motor props create far more up thrust during landing gear retract and deployment than the standard DJI props and those forces put so much stress on the landing gear motor/system and damaged my entire landing gear system to the tune of replacement at $450.00.
I have the T-Motors on my I2 and have for some time. I am no scientist but that seems like a load of crap. if the I2 is in the air the props you have on their can have no effect on "pressure being exerted" for the raising and lowering of the arms. Each motor with a prop on it is simply holding that corner of the I2 suspended in the air. If someone can show me a diagram and explain some science behind the statement they gave you then I would have a look. But until then I will consider that to be total bunk.

I have the T-Motors on my I2 and have for some time. I am no scientist but that seems like a load of crap. if the I2 is in the air the props you have on their can have no effect on "pressure being exerted" for the raising and lowering of the arms. Each motor with a prop on it is simply holding that corner of the I2 suspended in the air. If someone can show me a diagram and explain some science behind the statement they gave you then I would have a look. But until then I will consider that to be total bunk.
I agree totally.

I’m on my second set of Tmotor winglet props for my Inspire 2 that I bought from FDS. Couldn’t be happier!! One thing to remember to do before flying is extend the propellers fully before takeoff to stop any unnecessary vibration of the motors.
And make sure you check the tightness of the screws on each propeller as well because I have noticed they loosen up over time. A quick preflight check is all that’s needed to keep yourself safe.

Greetings to all.
yollevo many years in the field of propellers the blades and I have made many propellers and I can tell you that folding propellers for drones are not very good compared with carbon fiber in one piece, I have tried the two most popular , buy the Heliengagen and the T-Motor CF Props
the revalancing dynamically install them in my inspire 2 place instrument to record the vibration and I can tell you that these increased by 25% with the marks, and when the inspire one is starting or stopping the propellers have vibration peaks of 30% more and that disarms the drone uncontrolled electronic instruments loose the motor mounts that are stick.
So the best thing is to use propellers from a single piece of carbon fiber and the lighter the better with fast disconnects I am using the Supreme 1550 CF that Foxtech sells and I have not found anything better
Where did you purchase the Foxtech props from?

Where did you purchase the Foxtech props from?
This is a link to their website, but I noticed they offer folding props too... sounds like a sales pitch :) T-Motor props are still working great

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD