Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Laguna Beach, CA

Reaction score
Website
www.to-vp.com
I rarely post on here but I sign in daily to see what's is going on with the Inspire platform. I've been a member for a little for a little over year now I'm guessing. Anyway my real name is Taylor and am a Laguna Beach native. And my home town isn't like the stupid show that was on MTV. We're actually just down to earth, artsy fartsy folks. I picked up an inspire last march and have been having a blast learning aerial photography and filming with it.

For those curious about my background I'm scholastically trained in architecture, am three years into practicing the craft of photography and a BIM Manager by day for a concrete subcontractor. I've been using Adobe and Autodesk products since the late 90s in various creative and technical realms; 3d modelling, rendering, animation, and some video editing etc.. I guess you could say I'm a creative nerd of sorts...

I shoot mostly action sports with my Inspire and DSLR because Laguna kind of lends itself to that genre. After all Volcom, Quicksilver, Crankbros etc where all started in the area. Most of my close friends are either were/are professional athletes or work in the industry. Needless to say it's been a fun journey and have had some great mentors helping me progress. There's still a ton of work to be done though.

That's about it. Ohh! One more thing for you pro filmers out there I was able to mess with the new RED Weapon and Raven the other day for a few hours. One of my buddies is a rep for RED. Man that Raven is badass for the price point.

Thanks to those many members who have shared your knowledge of the Inspire platform with us. It's much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Taylor

Hi Taylor Steve from San Clemente , I have the inspire 1.
The camera does not respond it's a new bird can I do factory reset .
Cannot update any software unless camera responds correct? Loading software passes through camera with sd card
Do you recommend a local shop that honors the warranty .
It's weird Taylor worked fine then camera is just no response
Anyway if you have a referral that would be great .
Take care .

Hey Steve. I'd check the connections between the bird and gimbal first. Maybe take the gimbal off power everything on then power everything off and re-attach the gimbal. If you're still not having any luck I'd take it to Aerial Media Pros up in Costa Mesa. I bought my first uav from them a couple of years ago. They've always been great to me. Hopefully you get the issue resolved soon so you get to flying it!

Hey Steve. I'd check the connections between the bird and gimbal first. Maybe take the gimbal off power everything on then power everything off and re-attach the gimbal. If you're still not having any luck I'd take it to Aerial Media Pros up in Costa Mesa. I bought my first uav from them a couple of years ago. They've always been great to me. Hopefully you get the issue resolved soon so you get to flying it!
Thanks for the quick response Taylor
I will check that out connections from bird to gimbal good point could have loosened up.
When it says gimbal not attached that's probably it . Hope so
If not I'll try aerial media pros
Or if I have to exercise the warranty off to Carson ,ca it goes for the fix.
Also I have the second remote for shooting pics only or filming not set up yet but will get there.
Have you heard of the camera for the inspire
The Sony Rx 100 ? it's a zoom that can be used on the bird that would be cool.
Thanks again Taylor for the response talk soon .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla