Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Oxford

Reaction score
Hi there. Just introducing myself... I'm an experienced documentary and corporate film producer based in Oxford (UK). Last year I decided to invest in a UAV as another tool in my filmmaking arsenal and have an Inspire 1 (X3). I obtained my CAA PFAW around six months ago. I'm always looking for opportunities to make my investment pay for itself!

I can be found here: www.seymourproductions.co.uk

I think this is a great forum - very helpful!

Justin

Reactions: eldorado and Mazz
Hi there. Just introducing myself... I'm an experienced documentary and corporate film producer based in Oxford (UK). Last year I decided to invest in a UAV as another tool in my filmmaking arsenal and have an Inspire 1 (X3). I obtained my CAA PFAW around six months ago. I'm always looking for opportunities to make my investment pay for itself!

I can be found here: www.seymourproductions.co.uk

I think this is a great forum - very helpful!

Justin
Welcome Justin just give a shout if you need anything at all. Glad to have you.

Hi Justin, nice to have you.
I did an aerial shoot in Oxford a couple of months ago, at the University!
We're based near Gatwick so if you need any DJI gear, let us know :)

Hi Phil. That's good to know - thanks. Would be interested to know more about your Oxford shoot - which part of the University? And how did you deal with the legal proximity limits, etc being right in the city centre like that?

Justin

Hi Phil. That's good to know - thanks. Would be interested to know more about your Oxford shoot - which part of the University? And how did you deal with the legal proximity limits, etc being right in the city centre like that?

Justin
It was near the quadrant (i think that's what it's called), near the library. We had a license to fly a minimum of 30 meters from the public so we had the whole area (30m radius) cordoned off to stop public from intruding.

That's great - would love to see your material somewhere! Was your 30m licence a one-off request from the CAA or do you have a blanket 30m in your PFAW?

That's great - would love to see your material somewhere! Was your 30m licence a one-off request from the CAA or do you have a blanket 30m in your PFAW?

I don't think it's out yet. It was for an Indonesian feature film. It's not actually my licence, i freelance as a pilot for this other drone company who's licence it is. But yeh it is a blanket 30m restriction for all of their operations.

I'll be in touch if ever I need a spare pilot...! I'm guessing, being on this forum, that you're familiar with flying an Inspire? I actually do want to find someone who can fly mine at some point as I want to have a go at camera opping.

I'll be in touch if ever I need a spare pilot...! I'm guessing, being on this forum, that you're familiar with flying an Inspire? I actually do want to find someone who can fly mine at some point as I want to have a go at camera opping.
Sure. Yes, I have an Inspire 1 Pro but have flown a variety of rigs from phantoms to s900s to heavy lift rigs such as the Skyjib X8. Inspire Pro is definitely my drone of choice though ;)
Just drop me a message if you want to team up and we'll see what we can do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379