Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help with I2 with X7

Reaction score
I just recently bought a used Inspire 2 with the X7 and the 16mm lens. Pretty good deal from what I could tell, although a bit of a mixup trying to figure out charging since the guy lost the cord for the battery hub, it was interesting to say the least. Haven't been able to charge it since I'm waiting on a replacement cord for it.

My issue that I'm having is that when I powered it on and played around with it (before the controller died), I seemed to have no color options other than Normal and Cinelike. I was led to believe I could shoot in D-Log straight out of the box without anything special. I've seen no clarity on this at all from DJi and very very little from anybody anywhere on forums. I do not have any cinessds, since they are astronomically expensive compared to any nvme ssd I've ever bought, and I was hoping someone could help me out with enabling D-log. I've seen some things about EI mode, which I also could not find anywhere on my UI. I spent a good chunk of change on this, and need D-log for any projects coming up, so this is frustrating. I've only run into problems since buying this and keep running into the "what else do I have to buy just to start using this thing?" phase.

Any clarity would be greatly appreciated!

Playing Devil's Advocate here, taking a guess, but if your camera can shoot RAW, I'm going to guess that D-Log is no longer necessary. Ergo, probably no longer an option. D-Log is designed to increase the dynamic range in compressed (lower bitrate) footage. If the camera can shoot RAW, D-Log becomes redundant and ergo superfluous. Just a guess...

D

Reactions: ststudio
Playing Devil's Advocate here, taking a guess, but if your camera can shoot RAW, I'm going to guess that D-Log is no longer necessary. Ergo, probably no longer an option. D-Log is designed to increase the dynamic range in compressed (lower bitrate) footage. If the camera can shoot RAW, D-Log becomes redundant and ergo superfluous. Just a guess...

D
It did not come with the activation, and I certainly do not need the ProRes or DNG license quite yet. Most clients I work with use H.265 with Log profiles, and that was why I bought this specifically. I wanted control over my focal lengths and wanted a big drone for ease of flying (and seeing) for longer distances. All I've got from DJI so far is that now I need to fork out my arm and a leg for a hugely overpriced nvme ssd with the Dji logo stamped on it...

It did not come with the activation, and I certainly do not need the ProRes or DNG license quite yet. Most clients I work with use H.265 with Log profiles, and that was why I bought this specifically. I wanted control over my focal lengths and wanted a big drone for ease of flying (and seeing) for longer distances. All I've got from DJI so far is that now I need to fork out my arm and a leg for a hugely overpriced nvme ssd with the Dji logo stamped on it...
Well that bites. I guess DJI's marketing department is now dictating software/hardware options....<:^/

D

Reactions: ststudio

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olivedcoz4687