Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hi-Aerial Hood (better than Hoodman) 50% off last day!

Reaction score
Hey guys. At first glance this might look like spam, but I am very active on the mavicpilots forum since October 12 with 268 posts/130 likes. I'm also active on phantompilots and the DJI forum. I'm not selling anything; I never have. I just think this is a great product at a great price.

I've been looking at this hi-aerial hood for quite sometime. I've read some reviews. It sounds like people who have owned and used both the Hoodman and the Hi-Aerial prefer the Hi-Aerial. I've been holding off ordering because I'm not flying much in the winter and I didn't want to shell out $$ if possibly I need a different size come March when I plan to buy the much anticipated an iPad mini 5. However, I just checked the website and the Hi-Aerial Hood has been 50% off since Dec. 23! Sale ends tomorrow! At 50% off I decided to order one. I can use it with my current iPad Mini 2 and hopefully it will still fit the next gen iPad mini model. As a side note, the iPad Mini 2 works flawless with the DJI Go app but my kid doesn't always want to give it up... I need to get my own, he he.

I can not personally confirm whether the Hi-Aerial hood is better than the Hoodman, but the reviews look good. If nothing else guys, if you've been looking at the Hoodman but don't want to spend that much, this is a great time to jump on an alternative at a cheaper price! I'm getting mine for $45 free shipping, no tax. I'll try to post a review when I get mine and try it out.

Here is all the info I have about the Hi-Aerial Hood:
To place an order, visit the website to figure out what model you want: https://www.mikeharrisaerials.com/hi-aerial-.html . If you want to order, you need to send an email to the seller Mike Harris ( [email protected] ) and tell him what model you want and your paypal email address. He will in turn email you a paypal invoice for your order to make payment via paypal. I have sent him a few emails and he always personally responds.

Review on phantompilots.com
Finally, a great sun shield that really works

Review on DJI forum
Hi-Aerial HB25 Boost Hood Review

YouTube video from Hi-Aerial

EDIT:
Just FYI, I just got another email from Mike Harris with more info. The sale ends at Midnight (MST) on January 1st. I wish I would have noticed this sale on December 23 so I could have given you guys an earlier heads up.

Mike is located in Canada but the product ships from NY, USA. So, it ships free in USA, but I think it must ship free to Canada as well. They seem to cater to Apple products, these products are ready to ship. But they will custom make a hood for Android as well. It takes about a month for custom orders. I believe they charge the same low price for custom orders. The product is made from some stiff material (maybe plastic) that appears to be covered in a vinyl or faux leather. There are magnets in various locations throughout the design that allow for quick assembly and hold it together very well. I very clever design. I'm sure some of you will be concerned about interference from the magnets. That should not be a concern. There are already lots of magnets located in the iPad itself. Also, other hood manufacturers such as those sold by aerialdroneaccessories.com use magnets in their design and have not had any problems. Anyway, Mike liked the product so much for his own personal and commercial use that he became a distributor. I can't wait to get mine!

EDIT: EDIT: The prices on the website DO NOT reflect the sale; the prices were not changed to reflect the sale. You get 50% off whatever price you see on the website.

Last edited:
Pricing says 60 for iPad mini... How are you getting 45?
$60 is for the ipad mini hood WITHOUT the extension. So, with the holiday 50% off you can get that for $30 free shipping, no tax. I ordered the iPad mini hood WITH boost (extension). That's normally $90. So, I got it for $45.

Here is a cut/paste of the prices. These prices DO NOT reflect the 50% off. So, you'll get yours for half of whatever you see below.

iPhone 6/6s plus

HH01 Base Hood-$49.99 (USD), $69.99 (CDN)

HB10 Base Hood and Boost (extension) $79.99 (USD), $109.99 (CDN)

iPad Mini

HH02 Base Hood-$59.99 (USD), $79.99 (CDN)

HB25 Base Hood and Boost (extension) $89.99 (USD), $119.99 (CDN)

iPad Air 2

HH04 Base Hood-$69.99 (USD), $89.99 (CDN)

HB46 Base Hood and Boost (extension) $99.99 (USD), $129.99 (CDN)

Prices include shipping and taxes

Should you have any questions please phone (403)360-8338 or email: [email protected]

Def would want extension... Did you get yours? Are there reviews anywhere? I'm looking... Hoodman is a proven commodity and only negligibly more costly (+40).

Def would want extension... Did you get yours? Are there reviews anywhere? I'm looking... Hoodman is a proven commodity and only negligibly more costly (+40).
Check the first post. There are 2 reviews linked there. Yes, I ordered the extension, but no I don't have it yet. I just ordered today. The Hoodman and the Hi-Aerial usually cost the same. At 50% off, this is a steal. The person that reviewed it (again, link is above) still prefers it over the Hoodman. He had both but no longer uses the Hoodman because he likes this better. He is currently commenting about the Hi-Aerial again in this thread over on the phantompilots forum: Hi-Aerial Hood (better than Hoodman) 50% off last day!

I can't speak from personal experience. But based on the reviews and video I posted above I would be willing to pay twice the cost for the Hi-Aerial than the Hoodman. The Hi-Aerial has just not been heavily advertised and is not as well known. I think the Hi-Aerial is a superior product it is just not as well known as the Hoodman.

I have the Hi-Aerial hood and had the Hoodman. This one is far better. The way the Hoodman mounts to the device is poor. It isn't very secure and lets light in at the bottom.
The Hi-aerial has a better profile at the top. (Notch for yer nose.) Also better access to device through softer elastic slats. Hoodman had very stiff elastic which was very difficult to get through.
If you get one, make sure you get one with the extension. (Not much use without it.)
I am not connected with either company. I have owned both and find the Hi-Aerial to be far better. The build quality is excellent and the magnets holding it together rock! Beats the brakes out of Velcro.

I would like to personally thank people for their accurate and positive comments about the Hi-Aerial sun hoods. I fly a Phantom 4pro and use my hood frequently, even in -28c weather and it is holding up very well. As mentioned, I also recommend buying it with the boost (extension) to get maximum effect. With the sale price it's a steal of a deal. Thank you all.
Mike

Just FYI, forum members "Aeromirage" and "flyboy73" have been using their Hi-Aerial hoods for sometime now. They still love them and prefer them in their own side by side comparison/use over the Hoodman that so many people rave about. Read their reviews in the links above. I can't wait to get mine!

Hi-Aerial will custom make these hoods for any tablet. I spoke with Mike yesterday. As long as you get your email order to him by midnight (MST) tonight you are good to go!

THE SALE ENDS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT (MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME)

I probably won't post any more until I can review the product for myself.

Happy New Year guys!
s2qXK8wAvkHTO.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez