Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

High Elevation Flying Experience?

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has had experience flying the inspire 1 in the mountains around 10,000 feet (3000 m)? I have flown minimally around 8-9,000 in Colorado, but not enough to give it a good test. I am assuming at some point one would not have enough power to effectively fly, has anyone reached that boundary?

Thanks for your thoughts

The I1 is officially rated up to 4500m as per the specs in the manual.

I believe Tahoe Ed from DJI has flown at around 6,000m but the motors were really screaming and I can't imagine the batteries last too long!

I fly regularly between 10 and 12 thousand feet without any problem. I live in Leadville Colorado and fly up on Fremont Pass. My flight times may be a bit shorter but still adequate.

The few times i have been able to fly at a lower elevation I do notice the quad is quieter and seems to be more stable.

I fly regularly between 10 and 12 thousand feet without any problem. I live in Leadville Colorado and fly up on Fremont Pass. My flight times may be a bit shorter but still adequate.

The few times i have been able to fly at a lower elevation I do notice the quad is quieter and seems to be more stable.
I live in Aurora CO, I have yet to get a clear guidelines for CO and drones do you by chance know the state laws here?

There are quite a few results when you do a Google search for:

colorado drone law​

It's not clear what the actual prevailing law is though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime