Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Holding off on purchase, what do you suggest.

Reaction score
Here is my list :
DJI-I2BU 1 Inspire 2 - Base Unit Kit
CAMERA / PAYLOAD
DJI Zenmuse X5S Gimbal and Camera (Lens Excluded) - Part 1
DJI-X5SP1
Olympus 25mm f1.8 Lens (Black) 1
Olympus 45mm f1.8 Lens (Black) 1

DJI Zenmuse X5S Balancing Ring for Olympus
12mm, 17mm, 25mm - Part 6

DJI Zenmuse X5S Balancing Ring for Olympus
45mm - Part 4

DJI-I2TB50 ( 4 ) DJI Inspire 2 TB50 Intelligent Flight Battery
FREE ADD-ON - $100 value!
HM-LP5 0.00 0.00T Hoodman Landing Pad - 5
Considering the 5. 8 CS High brightness screen.

Any other suggestions you have for plug-and-play?
What accessories do you find extremely useful ?
Let me hear from the experts give me your suggestions.

Welcome @Doc1500, you have a nice list going. Some of us would recommend the 12mm along with the 45mm to start with. Starting with the 25 might keep your shots a bit on the tight side. The perfect scenario would be to have all 4, 12,17, 25 and 45.

A total of 6 batteries is a good start. Depending on the amount you ned to fly the Battery Charging Station is an amazing device to keep you flying all day.

You are on track with the balancing rings but with the addition of UV or ND filters you will have go back and forth between balancing and nd filters to achieve perfect balance. You can also purchase a step up ring for the 45mm lens so filters can be interchangeable between all the Olympus versions.

The 5.8 CS is a wonderful device although a little small for all you may want to see on the screen for an Inspire 2.

Do you plan on any type of protective case besides the stock case?

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Thanks for the info, I really haven't thought about ND filters , although I have them on my p4p something to think about.
Still researching the hard case probably get something with wheels since it is a heavy set up.
Any suggestions on cases are really appreciated
Also where can I get the Step Up Ring? What are the advantages of it?

The step up ring is a 37- 46mm adapter that allows you to use the same screw on filters on the 45mm as you use on the 12/17/25 mm lenses. Any of the online photo retailers cary the adapters, B&H/Adorama etc.

We carry the full line of GPC hard cases for DJI, there are 2 available for the I2 depending on if you are using the X5S or X7S with Cendence remotes. You can view them here, Cases

So I guess the factory case that comes with the original Kitt isn't that good?

They are adequate for day to day operations where total protection and waterproofing is not needed. Adding accessories into them case can become a struggle. The majority of our clients who purchase Inspire 2's from us opt for a hardcase leaving us with the OEM case. That is why we routinely give them away. Your best bet would be to get your I2 and give the OEM case a try before you purchase unless you know you will need more protection.

Has anyone found an adequate case for protection for I2 without costing an arm and a leg?

i bought nearly the same package you're looking at a little more than a year and a half ago, couldn't be happier with some minor exceptions. if you have any questions feel free.

Please tell your minor exceptions.
What do you suggest? Please.

I preordered from @Florida Drone Supply , Super happy with their before and AFTER service. Michael is a great resource and would highly recommend them.

The i2 is a dream to fly, i upgraded from a P4, i2 is an amazing machine, i could go on and on singing its praises.....

that being said, I was bit by the red prop rattle issue, which was a little concerning. michael sent me new props and prop mounts to address the issue. Just recently i had an issue with the port side battery eject button breaking. got busy so haven't had time to correct that one, but will be replacing the battery compartment.

I preordered from @Florida Drone Supply , Super happy with their before and AFTER service. Michael is a great resource and would highly recommend them.

The i2 is a dream to fly, i upgraded from a P4, i2 is an amazing machine, i could go on and on singing its praises.....

that being said, I was bit by the red prop rattle issue, which was a little concerning. michael sent me new props and prop mounts to address the issue. Just recently i had an issue with the port side battery eject button breaking. got busy so haven't had time to correct that one, but will be replacing the battery compartment.
How the new props and prop mounts addressed the issue?? Are there a new upgraded props and prop mounts?? I thought that this rattling props issue remains to be unresolved to these days..

Last edited:
How the new props and prop mounts addressed the issue?? Are there a new upgraded props and prop mounts?? I thought that this rattling props issue remains to be unresolved to these days..

Not sure about prop revision, I believe there were three?, Michael sent me a pair of high altitude props which have a better tolerance than the normal props, rattle went away completely. i happen to fly at 5300 ft altitude, in between the recommendation for high altitude and normal props.

i replaced the prop mounts and props with the 2nd revision props and the rattle went away for a while, very tight, but after a while they loosened up. ended up using foam inserts on the regular props.

Not sure about prop revision, I believe there were three?, Michael sent me a pair of high altitude props which have a better tolerance than the normal props, rattle went away completely. i happen to fly at 5300 ft altitude, in between the recommendation for high altitude and normal props.

i replaced the prop mounts and props with the 2nd revision props and the rattle went away for a while, very tight, but after a while they loosened up. ended up using foam inserts on the regular props.
I use the third gen props and they have foam inserts. I have 3M translucent tape on the square blocks of the motor mounts plus cyanoacrylate mod on the ptops and no rattle after many flights.

I use the third gen props and they have foam inserts. I have 3M translucent tape on the square blocks of the motor mounts plus cyanoacrylate mod on the ptops and no rattle after many flights.

cyanoacrylate mod, what do you mean by that ? where did you put the loctite?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters